Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Friday, October 31, 2008

Halloween Fun Filled Friday Challenge!

Happy Halloween!


With today being Halloween, it seemed the right thing to do was to have a Halloween themed Fun Filled Friday.

So, with that being said, Here's Pumpkin Patch Riley!




I just received my Hanna order just the other day & I've been playing with my Riley's ever since. You can expect to see more of him, that's for sure!


I colored this Riley with Prismacolor Pencils and blended the colors with Gamsol. I used my Nesties to cut him out & layer him in orange, green, and black cardstock.


For some extra dimension, I added black grosgrain ribbon tied in a knot on both sides of him.

I created the card front by running some orange cardstock through my Cuttlebug with the Pumpkin Harvest embossing Folder. I matted this with Olive green cardstock, and put a black brad in each of the 4 corners. I noticed that everytime I placed the matted Riley image over the orange embossed paper to see my card progress, some of the black would rub off onto the embossed parts, creating a distressed look. I really liked how it accented the pumpkins, so I rubbed black cardstock over it more to really make them stand out.

I finished my card by layering the card front on a black cardstock base which measures for a 4 5/8" x 6" card. I added the matted Riley image to the center & my Halloween card was complete!

Stamps: Hanna Stamps, Pumpkin Patch Riley
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ink in Olive Pastel and Lime Pastel
Paper: Smooth white cardstock by Office Depot, Colored cardstock by The Paper Company and Bazzill
Accessories: Black Ribbon by Bobbie M. Designs, Black Brads by Joann's Scrap Essentials, Nesties, SU! Sponge Doubers, Cuttlebug Pumpkin Harvest Embossing Folder


Make sure to link me up to your halloween card if you made one for today. I'd love to see it!


Hope you all have a great night with all of the ghosts and ghoblins out there & have a wonderful weekend full of Halloween treats too!

Smiles,
Jennifer

3 comments:

ChrissyM said...

I made a halloween card but I made it before this challenge was posted , just uploaded it tonight.

Your card is adorable. I love that embossing folder. Great card!

Traci G said...

What a cute little Riley!!! I think embossing folders make a card look so great, and this one is no exception!!

Anonymous said...

AWWW!! How sweet this is!! :) I totally love this Fall Riley!! Adorable!!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin