Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Saturday, October 18, 2008

An Irish Christmas for you!

Anyone out there love the "pun on words" sentiments like me? For example, "Best Fishes" as in Best Wishes on a Fish Card, or "Happy Bee-day" for a Birthday card with a bee on it.
Well, DRS Designs has a few new ones just in time for Christmas! Here's one for today and I'll post another one tomorrow!


Get it? "Irish" instead of "I Wish!" I'm sure those of the Irish Heritage will love this Christmas Tree as well. Isn't it cute?


Both images seen here are now available by DRS Designs.

I heat embossed the Shamrocks in green and the star in yellow. Then, I used green chalk to shade in the background behind the shamrocks. Next, I filled in each Shamrock with green glitter and added gold glitter to the star.


The sentiment was stamped with green ink and I used my Nesties to mat it.



Unfortunately these pictures don't do justice for this card. with the gold accented ribbon and all of the glitter on the image, this card just shines. Wish I could make one for all of you just so you could see it in person. Oh, if only time & money would allow it! :-)








Stamps: DRS Designs- Irish Christmas Tree, Irish you a Merry Christmas Sentiment
Ink: Rubber Stampede Embossing Ink, Colorbox Fluid Chalk ink in Warm Green
Paper: Smooth white cardstock by Office Depot, colored cardstock by The Paper Company and Bazzill.
Accessories: Creative Beginnings Embossing Powder, Nesties, Stickles, Red Brads by Making Memories, Santa's Workbench Ribbon by Joann's







Stay tuned for another "Pun on Words" by DRS Designs and the Fun Filled Friday Challenge announcement tomorrow. Oh, and of course, more Holiday cards as the week goes on!

Irish you a fabulous weekend! Sorry, I just couldn't resist! :-)


Smiles,
Jennifer

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card! Love the sparkly tree!! :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin