Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

O Christmas Tree!



"O Christmas Tree,
O Christmas tree,
How lovely are thy branches..."


Can you imagine that Christmas Carol while looking at this card? This card reminds me of it!

I think it really looks like these ornaments are hanging on a tree!


I started creating this card by inking the pine bough stamp with 2 different shades of green ink and stamping it repeatedly on white cardstock. Unfortunately, it is hard to see the 2 colors in these photos. Then I stamped 2 of the spiral ornaments and 1 of the 3 wise men ornament and colored them with pencils. I blended the pencil colors with Gamsol and then cut each ornament out.

I used a decorative corner punch on each of the 4 corners of the stamped white cardstock and matted it with olive green cardstock. I used the Decorative Corner punch on the olive green cardstock too! Next, I added a strip of red ribbon and a red brad in each of the upper right, and lower left corners. I adhered the matted card front to a red cardstock base. The finished card size measures 4.75" x 6."





I used foam tape to adhere each of the ornaments to the card front as shown. Then, as a finishing touch, I covered each ornament with Diamond Glaze to make them look like they were made of glass.










Stamps: All images by DRS Designs- Pine Bough, 3 Wisemen Ornament, Spiral Christmas Ornament
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ink in Olive Pastel and Warm Green.
Paper: Smooth white cardstock by Office Depot, Colored cardstock by The Paper Company
Accessories: Prisma Color Pencils, Gamsol, Diamond Glaze, Offray Ribbon, Making Memories Brads, Decorative Corner Punch by EK Success.


Stay tuned for tomorrow's Card Sketch Wednesday Challenge. It's the last one for the October Blog Candy Drawing!
Please let me a comment, I'd love to hear from you!
Hape you all have a wonderful day!

Smiles,
Jennifer

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Saw this pop into my mailbox last night. It is awesome. I love how it glistens.

Traci G said...

This is so clever!! It does look so realistic. You added just the right touches to this to put it all together. Love it!

Anonymous said...

This is gorgeous Jennifer!! Love the shiny effects on the ornaments!! So beautiful..it makes it really pop out!! :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin