Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Meowy Christmas and SC198

Finally, I've finished the Splitcoast Stampers card sketch challenge for this week-SC198. I've struggled with this card since Wednesday when the sketch was posted! I think it is that darn half circle that gave me the most problems--I don't have any circle cutting tools so I ended up using my Cricut to create it.



Did you see my post from yesterday? I talked about the new Christmas stamps from DRS Designs that are a "pun on words." Here's the second one just released this past Tuesday.



For all you Cat lovers out there, this ones for you! "Wishing you a Meowy Christmas" instead of a Merry Christmas! Get it? Ha! Ha Ha!



The sentiment on this card and the cat image are all one stamp. The wreath is separate. One of the great things about the stamps from DRS Designs is that they are unmounted rubber, so you can easily cut away sentiments from images like I did here. (Not to mention the other great thing about unmounted rubber is that they can be shipped rather cheaply compared to those stamps that are wood mounted and very bulky!)


My Stamp-a-ma-jig was very handy in making this card. I stamped the wreath first and then stamped the cat inside of it, leaving a little space between the edge of the wreath and the cat. I wanted to really create the look like the cat was in the wreath, so I stamped the wreath again on a separate piece of cardstock, colored it with pencils, and cut out a portion of it to add below the cat. Then, I colored the rest of the image as well and blended the colors with Gamsol.

I used my Nesties to cut out and mat the cat image, and then added red Stickles to all of the Holly berries in the wreath. While it was drying, I used the new Snowflake background stamp to create my own pattern paper by heat embossing. I used this paper to create the background of the sketch.





I added white satin ribbon tied in a bow to the bottom background piece and once the Stickles were dry I again used my Stamp-a-ma-jig to stamp the words around the image. Next, I added a red brad to both sides of the wreath as shown, and then assembled the pieces according to the sketch on a green cardstock base.


Stamps: DRS Designs- Meowy Christmas, Interlocking Snowflake Background, Holly Wreath
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ink in Warm Red, Rubber Stampede Embossing Ink
Paper: Smooth white cardstock by Office Depot, Colored cardstock by The Paper Company
Accessories: Stamp-a-ma-jig, Prismacolor Pencils, Gamsol, Xmas Red Stickles, Creative Beginnings white embossing powder, White Satin Offray Ribbon, Brads my Making Memories.

Hope you enjoyed seeing my "pun on words" cards.
Have a very Relaxing Sunday!

Smiles,
Jennifer

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is darling!! What a super take on the sketch!! :)

Anonymous said...

Very nice. That sketch is quite the odd one and not easy to do. You really did a wonderful job.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin