Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Christmas Sleigh Ride!


Have you ever taken a real sleigh ride? I haven't, but I'd like to! I envision the one I'd like to go on just how this card looks...a horse drawn sleigh, going through a park, while it's snowing outside! (and Jingle Bells playing too! LOL!)




All images used on this card are by DRS Designs. The sentiment and snowflake background stamps used on this card are some of the new Christmas images just released last week.



The image is colored with Prismacolor Pencils and I blended the colors with Gamsol. I used light blue chalk on the sky background, stamped the sentiment there in black ink, and then used light blue ink to stamp the snowflakes over the sentiment. Next, I used Shimmerz on the Sleigh and white Glitter Glue to create the snowy ground.


While the Glitter Glue was drying, I used the Snowflake background stamp and light blue ink again to create my own pattern paper on the light blue cardstock that I used to mat the image. Once the image was dry I used a decorative corner punch on all 4 corners of the image and the red cardstock I used to mat it.


The matted image is adhere to the snowflake paper with 3D-Dots for added Dimension. I added the ribbon and brads and assembled the card as shown.



This finished card size measures 6" x 6".





Stamps: DRS Designs- Simple Joys of Christmas Greeting, Interlocking Snowflake Background, Horse and Sleigh
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ink in French Blue
Paper: Smooth white cardstock by Office Depot, Colored cardstock by Bazzill and The Paper Company.
Accessories: Prismacolor Pencils, Gamsol, Shimmerz, Glitter Glue, Ribbon unknown from my stash, 3D-Dots, Brads by Making Memories, Chalk by Inkadinkado, decorative corner punch by EK Success.


Stay tuned for tomorrow, it's another Card Sketch Wednesday Challenge!
Until then...

Smiles,
Jennifer

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a gorgeous, snowy creation! I agree .. I would love to take a sleigh ride!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin