Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Happy Birthday! Sketch Challenge #14

Here's my finished card for the Wednesday Sketch Challenge #14. With the season turning to Fall and all of the new Fall released stamps by DRS Designs, I realized I forgot there are other occasions to make cards for! Ha Ha! What can I say, as many of my readers know, Fall is my favorite time of year! So, finally, a birthday card to share with you!


However, on the downside, I'm not too sure I like this card. It's rather large about 7.5" x 5" and things didn't "flow" as nicely as I would have liked while making it. It needs something, not sure what, but there is definitely something missing! Maybe it's because I didn't ink the edges of the white cardstock. That probably would have looked really nice with some soft blue around the edges. Oh well! Too late now!


I tell ya, that's one thing I don't like about using the acid-free adhesive for the ATG Gun. That stuff really sticks, so if you don't line something up right, or if the light bulb suddenly goes off and you want to change something, your kind of out of luck! I've tried to diligently peel back the cardstock in those cases and it never fails--my cardstock rips! So, I either ditch the whole thing in the garbage & start over, or just forget about my change & re-adhere the cardstock as best as I can. None of these issues occurred when I used the acid adhesive. Have any of you noticed this? Boy, sometimes my perfectionist quality and my cardmaking just don't go hand-in-hand! LOL!



Ok, off my soapbox and back to this Birthday card...



I love the colors, love this Doodlebug Design pattern paper, and the sketch. Candle image is part of the Candle stamp by Northwoods Rubber Stamps. In the original image there are 9 Candles. I colored only 3 them with markers and layered them with cardstock.


I formed the pattern paper columns as seen in the sketch and tied turquoise ribbon around the blue ones. I arranged them on smooth white cardstock as shown. I created the sentiment using pink ink and layered it with a smooth & scallop circle punches from my Nesites. I pop-dotted this in the center of the pink column.




I added the same turquoise ribbon to the bottom of the white cardstock and knotted it off to the left side. I adhered the matted candle image with pop-dots in the lower right corner like in the sketch. I thought the white space in the upper right corner was a little bare, so I added some blue and pink brads to fill it in. Finally, I added the card front to a dark blue cardstock base.




Stamps: Image by Northwoods Rubber Stamps, Sentiment by Impression Obsession
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, SU! Rose Red
Paper: Smooth white cardstock by Office Depot, Bazzill cardstock, white cardstock from The Paper Company; patterned paper by Doodlebug Designs
Accessories: Offray Ribbon, Nesties, 3D Dots, Brads by Joann's Scrap Essentials



Hope you get a chance to play with this sketch. I'd love to see what everyone else comes up with, especially since I struggled with this a bit. Don't forget, you have through the entire month of October to give it a try and if you do, I'll enter you in a drawing for some blog candy! (Wink!)

Hope you have a wonderful Wednesday!


Smiles,
Jennifer

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin