Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Monday, October 27, 2008

DRS Designs Card Sketch Challenge

It's that time again...DRS Designs has announced another Challenge on the DRS Designs Blog. The challenge for this next two week period is a sketch challenge! Everyone loves sketch challenges and we would love for you to play along. There is no time limit and you can use whatever stamps you like (we know you're waiting for your DRS Designs stamps to arrive so we'll let it slide this time!!!! LOL) Be sure to leave a comment on the DRS Designs Blog with a direct link to your creation so we can check it out. If you post to SCS, please use the keyword DRSC7.


Here is the sketch:


I used this sketch to create my Christmas Bells Card and fulfill my requirement for this past Friday's Fun Filled Friday Challenge to use the Lemon Juice Technique.


I apologize my pictures for this card are not very good. We've had very gloomy weather over the last few days and by the time I finished this card it was already dusk out--not a lot of natural light left in the day to get good pictures. I'll retake them and replace these with new ones soon!

I colored the image with markers, and cut it out. I used the lemon juice technique to create the distressed background surrounding the image. I love how quickly and smoothly this distressed the cardstock and took the "stark white" right out of it. I inked the edges with brown ink and matted the distressed piece with red cardstock. I used foam tape to adhere the bell image to the distressed piece, and added Diamond Glaze to the bells to make them shiny to imitate a metal-look.

While the Diamond Glaze on the image was drying, I used the Open Plaid background stamp by DRS Designs, to create my own plaid pattern paper with red, green and yellow ink. DRS Designs has many demos on how to make your own paper using their background stamps. You can see the one I used here. I matted the pattern paper piece with red cardstock also, and tied a red ribbon around it with a bow. I arranged the pieces according to the sketch on green cardstock.


To add the sentiment, I only inked the "Happy Holidays" you see here from the Holiday Multi Greeting stamp with red ink.


I adhered the card front to a red cardstock base, and the card was complete.



This finished card size measures 4.75" x 5.75."


Stamps: DRS Designs- Holly and Bells, Holiday Multi Greeting, Open Plaid background
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ink in Warm Red, Warm Green , and Yellow Ochre, Chestnut Brown
Paper: Smooth white cardstock by Office Depot, colored cardstock by The Paper Company.
Accessories: Bic Markers, May Arts Ribbon, freshly squeezed lemon juice, heat gun, 3D-Dots, Diamond Glaze

Hopefully you have a chance to participate in this Sketch Challenge by DRS Designs. I'm going to attempt to make another card with this sketch later in the week. Stay tuned to see what I come up with!

Have a Wonderful Week!


Smiles,
Jennifer

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin