Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Card Sketch #13

Card Sketch Wednesday #13:


Here's the Card Sketch for today. Did you give it a try?


I decided to change the Seasons up a bit for this challenge. For as much as I love the Fall and leaves and pumpkins etc, I'm getting a little burned out on them. So, how about a Christmas Card? It's been a while since I've made a Winter Holiday Card.



I colored the tree image with pencils and blended the colors with Gamsol. I used chalk to create the blue background. I trimmed the white cardstock around the image and layered it with red and light blue cardstock. I added Stickles to the star and created the cardstock base while it was drying.



This finished card size measures 4" x 5.5." The base was made from light blue cardstock. I layered the base with green cardstock so that a thin border of light blue showed. Then I cut a piece of red cardstock just smaller than the green cardstock. I ran the red cardstock through my Cuttlebug using the Snowflake Embossing Folder.

Next, I added light blue ribbon around the red cardstock and tied it in a knot on the far right side. I added the matted image just to the left of the knot. The final step was to create the "Season's Greetings" tag.

I heat embossed the sentiment with white embossing powder on red cardstock. I used my Nesties to create the different layers of this tag. I adhered it to the bottom right corner of the image as seen in the sketch.

I really like how this Christmas Card is red and green, yet with all of the light blue it sort of takes away from the colors of traditional holiday cards.

In case you missed my earlier post here's the details for my Card Sketch Wednesdays:


Card Sketch Wednesday Details:
The details are pretty simple--make a card of any theme you choose utilizing the card sketch posted on my blog and then on the sketch challenge announcement post, reply with a comment posting a link to your blog or online gallery so that everyone can view how you utilized the sketch. You have all month to complete each challenge. So there is no confusion, a "month" runs from the first day of the month through the last day of the month--example Oct. 1st-Oct. 31th.

Bonus Opportunity for Participating in Sketch Wednesday Challenges:
Each month, I will assign a number in order from all of the comments/links posted from all qualifying participant weekly sketch challenge cards and draw one lucky winner for a package of blog candy from me! All of the blog candy goodies that I will offer will be craft/card making related--embellishments, ink pads, images, stamps, ribbon, punches etc.


Stamps: Magenta, sentiment by The Paper Source
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Rubber Stampede Embossing Ink
Paper: Smooth white cardstock by Office Depot, Bazzill Cardstock
Accessories: Gamsol, Chalk by Inkadinkado, Ribbon by Bobbie M. Designs, Creative Beginnings White Embossing Powder, Nesties, Stickles, Cuttlebug, Cuttlebug Snowflake Embossing Folder



Have you started making your holiday cards yet, or do you buy the cards you send out?

Me, personally, I have such a large family that even if I started making Christmas cards in January for the following Christmas I still wouldn't be done in time--plus, by the time the holidays rolled around I'd be so sick of Christmas! What fun is that? So, I buy the cards I send out, and I try to buy them when everything goes 50% of the day after Christmas so I can save a few $$$! I love shopping the day after Christmas!

Do you tough out the crowds and shop the day after Christmas?

Smiles,

Jennifer

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely card, Jennifer. I love the bright colours and how you coloured the image. It is that time of year, isn't it. I was digging around in my van for a Christmas CD on the way home from work. I am soooooooooo in the Christmas spirit already!

Dawn said...

Beautiful Card Jennifer!!! Love the sketch and i will have to try that! Your coloring is beautiful!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin