Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Sentimental Gift!

Last Monday, DRS Designs announced a new blog challenge which was to use a sentiment as a focal image on your project.


Here's another card I made for that challenge. This card used the Holiday Multi Greeting stamp as my focal image. I used ribbon to create the look of a wrapped Christmas Gift, displaying that my image was the stamped wrapping paper. I inked each of the sentiments using Red and Green ink before stamping it. After it was matted and I tied the ribbon on it, I used Pop-Dots to raise it off of the card front. I think this helps it really look like a package coming off the card!






This card depicts a gift wrapped in sentiments, so I couldn't help myself naming this post "Sentimental Gift." (Ha Ha! Quite the Comedian, I am!)


I might actually make my own wrapping paper with this stamp this year! I love how the red and green ink look against the white paper and the bold red bow. Have you ever made your own wrapping paper?

Stamps: DRS Designs- Holiday Multi Greeting
Ink: Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ink in Warm Red and Warm Green
Paper: Smooth white cardstock by Office Depot, Colored cardstock by The Paper Company
Accessories: Red Grosgrain Ribbon by Bobbie M. Designs, Pop-Dots


Hope you're have a wonderful Monday. I am off of work today, off to play with my stamps!

Smiles,
Jennifer

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin