Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Friday, October 24, 2008

Teal Colored Snowflakes

How's the weather in your neck of the woods?

Here in Michigan, the weather has really changed this week. Today, is cold and rainy, and by Monday we are expecting snow showers! Definitely jacket-wearing-type of weather.
I'm afraid winter is not far away!

Last night I got myself a nice hot cup of tea, turned the fireplace on and created the night away. Some nights I really love having the house to myself.

So, all this talk about cold weather, snow on the way and Winter right around the corner, I decided to create a Snowy Holiday Card.

In the paper crafting world, snowflakes come in all different colors.
Today's snowflakes are Teal!



I used the 2 snowflake backgrounds available by DRS Designs to create the backgrounds for this card. I love them both! The snowflakes on them look very delicate, and create such an elegant project.




The main image is the Snowflake Ribbon Slide. I heat embossed it and then tied silver ribbon through the center. I added Icicle Stickles to it to give it that icy look!









The scalloped circle is also mounted with foam tape to help give the matted image some extra dimension.







The "Happy Holidays" sentiment I used here is actually part of the Holiday Multi greeting stamp. I love this stamp because it also allows you to use all of the words at once, by inking the entire stamp, or you can use just one of the sentiments by only inking the one you want. For this card, I only inked the Happy Holidays that is at the bottom, upside down.


Stamps: DRS Designs- Interlocking Snowflake Background, Easy Snowflake Background, Snowflake Ribbon Slide, Holiday Multi Greeting
Ink: Stampin' Up Taken With Teal, Rubber Stampede Embossing Ink
Paper: Smooth white cardstock by Office Depot, Bazzill Cardstock
Accessories: Ribbon-Unknown from my stash, SU Word Window Punch, Nesties, SU Ticket Corner Punch, Creative Beginnings Embossing Powder, Stickles, 3D-Dots



****Sorry for not posting yesterday. Life, you know, it really gets in the way of crafting sometimes! For all of you who follow Fun Filled Fridays, I'm sorry I don't have my Lemon Juice project finished for you either. (Can you tell I'm a little behind?) I should have it posted for you sometime over the weekend.


Do you have any fun plans for the weekend, or will you be spending it inside like me who will be hiding from the cold weather?

Regardless of what you do this weekend, I hope it's wonderful!


Smiles,
Jennifer

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous card!! So sparkly and shimmery and pretty!! I do the same thing with my word BG stamp too!! :) Great ideas!! Thanks for sharing!!

Thanh Vo said...

Teal is one of my favourite colours for Winter scenes and this card showcases it perfectly!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin