Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Faux Santa Postage Sketch Challenge




Every Wednesday on my blog I post a new Card Sketch challenge for anyone to try. There's even a chance for Blog Candy for anyone who participates.


For this week's sketch challenge, I created this Faux Postage Santa card. This stamp is a new one by DRS Designs. They just released many new Christmas Images.




I created my own pattern paper for this card by stamping the North Pole Postmark image repeatedly on white cardstock. Then, I chalked the background around each image with peach colored chalk, and colored each Santa's face and hat with Prismacolor Pencils and Gamsol. I used a decorative corner punch on each corner. After I added the ribbon, I matted the paper as shown.









I heat embossed the sentiment with red Embossing powder and inked the edges with red ink. I used my Nesties to create the tag, and added bits of ribbon to accent it.



As a finishing touch, I added red and white Stickles to each Santa's Hat.


Stamps: DRS Designs- North Pole Postmark, Small Merry Christmas Sentiment
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ink in Warm Red
Paper: Smooth white cardstock by Office Depot, Bazzill Cardstock
Accessories: Prismacolor Pencils, Gamsol, Inkadinkado Chalk, Decorative corner punch by EK Success, Autumn Ribbon by The Paper Company, Red and White Stickles




You can still try the sketch challenges posted for the entire month of October until October 31st. Please check them out if you haven't already.

October 1st
October 8th
Ocotber 15th

If you get a chance to participate (I hope you do!) make sure to post a link to your card on any of these posts, so we can all check them out, and I can be sure to enter you for the Ocotber Blog Candy Drawing.

Happy Card Making!

Smiles,
Jennifer

3 comments:

MaryNSC said...

OOO MY WORD LOVE IT!!!

shuggy said...

what a great card!!

Traci G said...

I really love this sketch!! I am going to put it on my list if things to do for this weekend!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin