Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Peace on Earth for Card Sketch Wednesday


Here's my card for the Card Sketch Wednesday challenge. Did you get a chance to play?




Here's the sketch, in case you missed it.



I used a brayer to create the background for the first time while making this card. I had some friends over not too long ago & one of them was brayering like crazy making backgrounds for her Christmas cards. I was in awe at how great they turned out--it looked so smooth & easy that I broke down and bought one. Hey, I had to put my Michael's 50% off coupon to good use and it turned out to be a fantastic purchase!



My first step in creating this card was to heat emboss the 3 Wisemen Peace on Earth image by DRS Designs with Silver Embossing powder on dark blue cardstock. Then, I carefully trimmed the blue cardstock around the border of the image. I used my plain oval Nestabilities to cut a white oval and adhered the embossed image on top of it.





Next, I stamped the snowflake background, also by DRS Designs and heat embossed it with clear embossing powder. Then I used dark blue ink and my brayer to color the white cardstock background. I love this look and it was fun too! :-) I used a decorative corner punch on all four corners and then adhered it to white cardstock.



I adhered the matted image to the center of the background and added white satin ribbon tied in a bow to the upper right corner. I put dark blue snowflake eyelets in place of the circles on the sketch and then put a silver brad inside the eyelet hole of each snowflake. This completed my card front.


I finished the card by adhering the entire card front to a dark blue cardstock base. The finished card size measures 5 7/8" x 4.5."


As I looked at my finished card, I thought it needed a little something--like bling of some sort. So, I added Silver Stickles to the silver brads in each of the snowflake eyelets. Doing this added just the right amount of sparkle to this Christmas card!




Stamps: DRS Designs- 3 Wisemen Peace on Earth, Interlocking Snowflake Background
Ink: Rubber Stampede Embossing ink, SU! Night of Navy,
Paper: Smooth white cardstock by Office Depot, Colored Cardstock by Paper Reflections.
Accessories: Nesties, Creative Beginnings Embossing Powder in Silver and clear, White Satin Ribbon by Offray, Brayer, Snowflake eyelets unknown, silver brads by All My Memories, Silver Stickles by Ranger, SU! Ticket Corner Punch.





FYI for all of you sketch challenge lovers out there--this is the last week to finish up your cards for all of the sketch challenges posted in October for the October Blog Candy drawing. I'll be picking the winner from all of the the challenge cards made this Saturday, November 1st.


Don't miss your chance at some fun Blog Candy, make sure to check out all of the October Sketches below and create away! Don't forget to post a link to your card on the appropriate sketch challenge post, so that I can check it out & enter you in the blog candy drawing.

October 1st

October 8th

October 15th

October 22nd

I can't wait to see your challenge cards!

Have a great Hump Day!

Smiles,
Jennifer

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an adorable card. I love how the background is all stamped with snowflakes. Interesting idea to brayer the bg.

Anonymous said...

I really like this card...you always do a great job! Would like to see it in person. Can't wait for your next posting!
Bell

Traci G said...

What a beautiful holiday card!! love the classic colors of blue and silver!!

Oma said...

Your card is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous card!! The embossing makes it look so striking!! :) Thanks for your inspiration!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin