Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Monday, October 13, 2008

New DRS Designs Blog Challenge-Sentiments!

Today begins the 6th DRS Designs Blog Challenge...since DRS Designs is known for all their great sentiments, the challenge this time is to use a sentiment as your focal point.

If you play along (we would love it if you would!) be sure to come back and post a direct link to your creation so we can come over and see it! If you upload to SCS, please use the keyword DRSC6.

I've made several cards for this challenge. I'll post them as the week goes on, so make sure to check back often.


Here's my first one:


The sentiment used on this card is a new stamp, soon to be released by DRS Designs. I heat embossed it with white embossing powder. Yes, the stitching you see is real! I finally brought out my sewing machine--it's been hiding in my craft closet since May!


Stamps: DRS Designs- Wonderful Christmas Sentiment (F971)

Ink: Rubber Stampede Embossing Ink

Paper: Smooth white cardstock by Office Depot, cardstock by Bazzill and The Paper Company

Accessories: White Embossing Powder from Creative Beginnings, Red Brad from Making Memories, White Satin Ribbon by Offray, white sewing thread-unknown.


Make sure to check the links below for inspiration from the DRS Designs DT members.


Have you started your Holiday cards yet? Stay tuned for more Sneak Peeks from the next release of Christmas Images from DRS Designs. It's the perfect time to buy them and get started on your Christmas cards.

Christmas is only 84 days away! (Yikes!)

Have a Wonderful Monday!

Smiles,
Jennifer

4 comments:

Heather said...

Cute card! I love the stiching!

Anonymous said...

This is such a gorgeous card!! You always do such a wonderful job with your ribbon!! ;) TFS!

Anonymous said...

Lovely card, Jennifer. What an interesting idea to make the sentiment the focal point.

Angel said...

really stunning! great stitching! i need to try that sometime, of course, i may need a sewing machine first! hey, did you get the blog candy i sent you? just making sure you received it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin