Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Saturday, November 1, 2008

SC199-Star Filled Night

Happy November!

How was your Halloween? Was it filled with all kinds of ghosts & goblins?


I can't believe Halloween is over & it's November already! Can you? Time sure flies!






I've been playing around with some of the background stamps by DRS Designs and I attempted to use last week's Sketch Challenge from SCS for this card--SC199. I say 'attempted' because my fourth layer is not quite a rectangle. However, it does overlap the 3 other layers.





I created layer #2 using the star background stamp by DRS Designs. I colored selected stars with red, green, and yellow markers. I matted this piece with red and green cardstock, and then added the appropriate colored Stickles to the colored stars.



While the stars were drying, I heat embossed the large star in gold embossing powder. I cut it out and scored it so that it folded in on the short lines and out along the long lines. This allowed it to pop out and appear 3D-like. On the backside of the star, I put pop-dots in the center and regular adhesive on each point. I then matted it with gold shimmer cardstock, and then again with green cardstock.




I stamped the sentiment with red ink on white cardstock. I also inked the edges with red ink and then matted it with gold and green cardstock. The sentiment reads " A special wish on a star filled night, for a Christmas Day, that's Merry and Bright!"





The cardstock base was created with red cardstock that measures for a finished card size 5 1/4" x 6 3/4." I cut a piece of yellow cardstock to layer on top of the base and used a notched corner punch to decorate all 4 corners. I arranged the star panel, the large star and the matted sentiment on the yellow cardstock as shown in the sketch. I thought the bottom right corner looked a little plain, so I added 2 red brads to fill it in a bit. I finished the card by adhering the card front to the red cardstock base.




Stamps: DRS Designs- Interlocking Star Background, Christmas Tree Punch Star, Special Wish Star Filled Christmas Greeting
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Rubber Stampede Embossing Ink, Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ink in Warm Red
Paper: Smooth white cardstock by Office Depot,
Accessories: Bic Markers, Stickles, Creative Beginnings Embossing Powder, 3D-Dots, Notched Corner Punch, red brads by Making Memories.



So, What do you think? Does this card fulfill the sketch requirement?


Do you have big plans for this weekend? Anyone going to any Halloween parties? I'm working both Saturday and Sunday, but I'm also planning on doing some cooking--the easy way of course--in my Crock Pot! I found this recipe here for the Pasta Figioli similar to what you find at the Olive Garden restaurant. I'm going to try it out & see if it really tastes like it. I love the fact that it makes a big batch. I like to freeze soups like this, to reheat on a nice, cold winter day. Throwing all the ingredients in a Crock Pot & not having to slave over the stove all day makes this even better. I'll let you know how it turns out!


Thanks for visiting today!
Hope you have a great day!



Smiles,
Jennifer

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Diamond watches and iced out watches have become the latest fashion lately. Wearing one would make any one proud and it would definitely add that extra touch you have been missing all along. Visit ItsHot.com for a watch that is worth your money.

Anonymous said...

Fabulous job with the sketch. I love how you did the star. I worked this weekend--no big cooking for me.

Traci G said...

Such a beautiful star, and a great card!!!

Anonymous said...

This is so pretty!! What fabulous colors you've used!! TFS!! :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin