Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Sketch Wednesday Card-Sweet Dreams!




So, as promised, No Christmas cards for today! I need a break from the Red and green & glittery snow. For today's Card Sketch Wednesday Challenge, I decided to break out this Baby themed stamp by Inkadinkado. I think this stamp is absolutely precious! And what's more perfect is that it can be Unisex! Great for those baby surprises!

So, did you get a chance to use this sketch?




I started first by coloring this image with Prismacolor Pencils and blending the colors with Gamsol. Next, I used my Nesties to mat the image as shown.
I created the card base from dark yellow cardstock to measure for a 4.5" x 6 card. I layered it with dark pink cardstock after I used the SU! Ticket Corner Punch in the top corners. Next, I cut my designer paper to cover the bottom portion of the pink cardstock. I apologize for not knowing who makes this paper. This was a 12 x 12 sheet that I picked up at a LSS and of course, I must have used the corner piece that gives the name/brand of the paper on another project. If any of you recognize it, please leave me a comment & let me know!

I covered the dp seam with sheer white ribbon and then laid pink and white plaid ribbon on top of it. I also created a bow from the plaid ribbon and adhered it to the middle.



I place the matted image in the center above the dp and Shimmered it up a bit. I painted the moon and the stars in the blanket with Beeswax Shimmerz and added some Cotton Candy Stickles to the scallop. Finally, I added some pink bling to the Ticket Corner punches to finish it off.



Stamps: Inkadinakado
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ink in Yellow Ochre
Paper: Smooth white cardstock by Office Depot, Cardstock by DCWV and The Paper Company, Designer Paper-unknown
Accessories: Prismacolor Pencils, Gamsol, Nesties, Cotton Candy Stickles, SU! Ticket Corner Punch, Me and My Big Ideas Icon Stickers, Sheer Ribbon by C & G, Plaid Ribbon by Making Memories, Beeswax Shimmerz




This is the first of my Card Sketch Wednesday Challenges for November. Please join me every Wednesday for a new Sketch! Make sure to subscribe now so you don't miss any!

Remember you have all month to complete this challenge. Just make sure you come back to this post and leave me a comment with a link to your card, so I can make sure to enter you in the Blog Candy Drawing.

I'll be waiting to see it!

Happy Wednesday!
(Yeah, the weekend is almost here! Can you tell I'm counting down?)

Smiles,
Jennifer

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin