Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Penny Black Frog!



Finally, I've finished my sketch challenge card, but it is a little different. It's not exactly like the sketch. My brain wasn't cooporating with me today, so this is what I've come up with.

See for yourself...



I colored the image with markers and matted it as shown.

I thought this sketch fit well for a tri-fold card. I created the card base from dark blue cardstock--it measures 5.5" x 11.5." I scored it at 2.5" and 7" to create the bottom and top flaps.


I decorated the bottom flp with 2 kinds of matching pattern paper and covered the seam with red ribbon. For an added pop of color I put Prima flowers in both lower corners with a yellow brad in each flower.



Here's the card fully opened. I was a little pressed for time today so I didn't decorate the inside. I'll do that when I decide to give it to someone.


Stamps: Penny Black
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black
Paper: Smooth white cardstock by Office Depot, colored cardstock by Bazzill and The Paper Company, Pattern Paper by GCD Studios
Accessories: Ribbon by Bobbie M. Designs, Prima Flowers, Brads from Joann's Scrap Essentials


I hope you'll give this card sketch a try. Don't forget to link me up to your card if you do try it. I'd love to see see it and be able to enter you in my November Blog Candy Drawing!

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate you stopping by today.


Smiles,
Jennifer

1 comment:

Traci G said...

I think you did a great job with the sketch, and what a cute frog!!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin