Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

SC203 God's Promise



This was the sketch challenge (SC203) last Wednesday over at Splitcoast.




I hadn't originally planned to use it, but when I received my new stamps from DRS Designs last week and saw this sentiment, I had to put it to use.




My version isn't like the sketch exactly, but I like how the religious sentiment matches with the cross-like layout on my card. This card is really pretty in person--I'm very happy with how it turned out. I guess this would be a Sympathy card. Do you think so?



I created the background by cutting light green cardstock to fit just slightly smaller than the front of my cardstock base. Then I used my Scalloped Square Punch to punch away each of the 4 corners. Next, I cut the light blue cardstock to fit just smaller than the light green cardstock. I then used my paper trimmer to cut away each of the 4 corners as shown and adhered it on top of the light green cardstock.




Then, I used the Cuttlebug Textile Texture Embossing Folder to emboss the card front. Because it was such a large pice of paper, I had to run it through the Cuttlebug 4 times--one for each side. The area under the sentiment did not get embossed.
I wrapped the blue and gold ribbon both vertically and horizontally around the background and then adhered my matted sentiment in the center.



Stamps: DRS Designs- God's Promise
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ink
Paper: Colored Cardstock by The Paper Company
Accessories: Cuttlebug and Textile Texture Embossing Folder, Marvy Uchida 1" Scallop Square Punch, Brads by Making Memories, Holiday Ribbon Bow-tique by Michael's
Finished Card Size: 5.5" x 5.5"



My Card Sketch Wednesday Challenge is tomorrow.

You'll stop by and give it a try, won't you?

See you then...

Smiles,
Jennifer

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin