Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Sunday, November 2, 2008

Busy Sunday Here!

Today is a busy day at Ink N Scrap Habits! I have lots to tell you, LOL!


First on the agenda is this weeks Fun Filled Friday Announcement. Kimmy has challenged us to make a Veteran's Thank you card. With Veteran's Day right around the corner, this is such a great idea. I'm sure I can come up with some military type images for this challenge. So, I hope you'll get your patriotic stamps inky and join us in creating a Thank you card for a Vet for this week's challenge. Stay tuned right here, to see my challenge card posted on Friday.


Next up, my Pasta Figioli Recipe Update....

Did you see my post from yesterday? I mentioned that I found a recipe here for Pasta Figioli similar to what you find at the Olive Garden restaurant. Well, I gave it try yesterday & I give it two thumbs up! I made it exactly as the recipe states except, I left out the Tabasco sauce (I don't like hot things) and I couldn't find white beans so they didn't make it in the recipe either. I attempted to make it using the 4 hours on high directions, but after 4 hours my carrots & celery were still rather hard. I let it cook for a couple more hours, added my noodles (I used the tiny ones found in Italian Wedding Soup), and removed the crock pot from the base & just let it cool. Since the noodles were so tiny I figured they would just cook on their own from the heat of the soup already, and they did! I had a bowl for lunch today with some Parmesan cheese on top & it was so hearty & delicious, I'll definitely be making it again! I'm not sure it tastes like the recipe from Olive Garden, but it was very good! I plan to make it soon, just so that I can freeze it into individual serving bowls to eat when the weather really gets cold! Definitely an A+ in my recipe book.


And finally, the Blog Candy Winner announcement from all of the participants who participated in my Card Sketch Wednesday challenges during October. Please help me Congratulate Kimmy! Clicking on this link will take you to her winning card! Congrats Kimmy! I'll be sending you some goodies!
Well, that's it for today! I'm off to my studio to make several cards. I've been busy coloring up images all weekend--now it's time to put them to work! Make sure to check back everyday this week as I'll have some thing new for you everyday!

Hope you all are having a great weekend. Are you well rested after that extra hour of sleep?

Smiles,
Jennifer

1 comment:

Kimmy said...

WOW!!! I won! I can't believe it. Thanks Jen

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin