Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

FYI: Defective ATG Adhesive Dispenser Guns

Last week I posted about the type of adhesive I use, and rambled a bit about how great I think the ATG Gun is. You can see that post here.

One of my readers, Sue, brought it to my attention that some of the 714 ATG Guns by 3M sold during the last months of 2007 and early part of 2008 may be defective. I know many people have had problems with theirs and have attributed it to user error, so I wanted to get the word out that perhaps the trouble is because the device actually defective.

Sue called 3M (1-888-936-3636), and sent hers back with the prepaid label they sent her. 3M is replacing it at no charge and she is getting 2 rolls of adhesive for free for her troubles!






Apparently the defective portion has something to do with the piece you can take off and on to replace the tape. Sue found her gun very hard to use and that it took a lot of muscle to roll out the tape. The person at 3M she spoke to said the gun should just "glide" during use. Her gun would not feed the tape correctly. It always looked like the adhesive roll in her gun was not staying flat-or staying in a nice compact roll...it turned into a very uneven mess inside the gun. It was more trouble for her to get it to work, then it was worth.




I haven't had any of the trouble I describe here, nor have I had a reason to contact 3M myself. This info is all based on an email conversation I had with Sue over the last few days and I thought many of you may find it useful.



Does this sound like the troubles you've had with your ATG Gun? Make sure to call 3M ASAP and get that ATG replaced so you can love yours just as much as I love mine! There's no need for you to waste precious crafting time trying to get it to work if there is a real reason it is not working correctly.

I hope this info helps you if you're having problems with your ATG Gun. If not, make sure to pass this info along. From one crafter to another, I think we need to get the word out about this.

Stay tuned for tomorrow's Card Sketch Wednesday Challenge.


See you then?!?!?!?


Smiles,
Jennifer

1 comment:

Etha said...

oh that is good to now, thanks for the pointers. Mine rolls perfectly, has been working for years and years. Best purchase I ever made :) it only gets a little "tough" once I come to the end of the tape roll.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin