Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Friday, November 14, 2008

Harvest Basket & Snow on the Way!

For this week's Fun Filled Friday Challenge, I challenged Kimmy to create one last Fall Harvest type of card. Fall is my favorite season and I hate to see it go, but it is that time of year. The trees in my back yard have gone from this (Back in Mid October)...

to this...Today!



Same trees, just taken from the opposite direction. What a big change 3 weeks makes, huh? From bright & colorful, to dull and dreary. (yes, we still don't have grass yet...we're waiting for Spring to do all of the landscaping!)

As you can see the leaves are G-O-N-E! Winter may be here before we know it. Actually here, in the Metro Detroit area we'll probably see it tomorrow! They say we could get up to 2 inches. Yuck, I'm not ready for all that!



So, as an attempt to keep winter as far away as possible, here's my Fall Harvest card for today's Fun Filled Friday Challenge.


Nothing too fancy with this card today. I think it is pretty straight forward as far as how I made it. My supply list will help you see what I used to create it. I down sized a bit for this card. The cards I've been making lately have been rather big, so for this one I decided to create something petite. The finished card size measures 4.5" x 4.25."

Stamps: Stamps by Heather
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ink in Chestnut Roan
Paper: Smooth white cardstock by Office Depot, Cardstock by Bazzill and The Paper Company
Accessories: Bic Markers, Inkadinado Chalk, Nesties, Copper Brads by Joann's Scrap Essentials



Don't forget to check out Kimmy's Fall Harvest card here.

Are you expecting snow for this weekend like me? Or is there snow in your neck of the woods already? Leave me a comment and tell me where your from and what the weather is like for you. I'd love to hear from you!


So, with winter on the way, stay tuned for more winter and Christmas cards for next week. I'm going to try to post over the weekend too, depending on what time allows. I have a brand new card sketch for you next Wednesday as well.


Hope you all have a wonderful weekend. :-)



Smiles,
Jennifer

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin