Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Monday, November 17, 2008

Holly and Holiday Candles!

Last night in my craft room I was able to complete 3 cards from start to finish. I did have my images colored already though, so that helped tremendously. I'm glad to have a head start on my projects for this week, especially after taking it easy last week!

Here is one of the cards I created:


I colored the images with pencils and blended the colors with Gamsol. Next, I Inked the edges around the image with yellow ink and then matted it as shown.


I used the Multi Holiday Greeting stamp to create the sentiment by only inking the sentiment I wanted to use. I then cut it out & inked the edges with yellow ink. I matted it in green and then attached it to the image as shown.

I created the card base from red cardstock for an A2 size card. I adhered the image and sentiment to the front center of the base. Then I stamped the Triple Holly image on white cardstock, colored it with pencils, and blended the colors with Gamsol. I cut it out & used foam tape to adhere it to the upper left corner of the image.


What's a Christmas Card without Stickles? I finished this card by outlining the candles with my Xmas Red Stickles to add a little umph!


Stamps: DRS Designs- Brush Holiday Candles, Triple Holly, Holiday Multi Greeting
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ink in Yellow Orche and Warm Red
Paper: Smooth white cardstock by Office Depot,
Accessories: Prismacolor Pencils, Gamsol, Xmas Red Stickles, 3D-Dots.
Finished Card Size: 5.5" x 4.25"


Hope you all have had a good Monday. Since I worked the weekend this is technically my Friday. I'm so excited to be off tomorrow. I'll be working again in my craft room, typing up some future blog posts, and going to the gym with my Hubby. Maybe if time allows, I'll bring up some stuff from the basement to start decorating the house for Christmas. After the snow yesterday, I'm getting giddy for the Holidays!
See you for a visit here tomorrow!

Smiles,
Jennifer

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely card. I just finished my tutorial for tomorrow's post and my server is having probs so I might have lost everything a second time. Good luck with posting into the future.

Heather said...

This is GORGEOUS! Fabulous job!

Bee's Zen Garden said...

I love the added yellow layer that breaks through the traditional red+green and brings a little "something more"! :-)

Etha said...

this is so pretty! great coloring on the candles and I love that extra holly on the corner!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin