Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Card Sketch Wednesday & Cats Have Staff!


Welcome to Card Sketch Challenge #21!

Every Wednesday here at Ink N Scrap Habits, I have a card sketch challenge, and I participate as well. Hope you'll have a little free time this week with the holiday and join me! I love seeing what other people do for the same sketches.






I created this fun Cat card for today's challenge. I love the way the pink and brown go together, and this sentiment is hilarious! All of the images seen here are from DRS Designs.


I used the new sitting Kitty stamp, colored with pencils and blended with Gamsol. Then I used a sponge dauber and pink ink to sponge around him while it was still in my Nesties Die. Next I matted it as shown.


I created my own background paper using the fun Cat Paw Easy Background Stamp with brown ink on light pink cardstock. Can you say Cute, Cute, Cute?




I used foam tape to adhere the cat image to the paw background layer and then again to adhere the paw background to the card front.



Here's a close up of that adorable Kitty. If you like this Kitty image, then I'm sure you'd like the other DRS Designs new Kitty Image seen here.

Stamps: DRS Designs- Happy Cat Sitting, Dogs Have Owners, Cats Have Staff Sentiment, Cat Paw Easy Background
Ink: Momento Tuxedo Black, Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ink in Rose Coral and Chestnut Roan
Paper: Smooth white cardstock by Office Depot, Colored Cardstock by The Paper Company and Bazzill
Accessories: Ribbon-Confetti by My Minds Eye, Brads by Joann's Scrap Essentials, Nesties, Sponge Daubers
Finished Card Size: 5.75" x 5"

I hope you've enjoyed this Sketch Challenge today. I appreciate you visiting here today and I welcome your comments.

Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving Holiday tomorrow!

Smiles,
Jennifer

2 comments:

Etha said...

That is so sweet! love your color combo and the little sitting cat! Great sketch too!

Oma said...

You gotta read my post Out of the mouths of babes on my blog. This card would be perfect for my granddaughter! LOL

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin