Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

What Adhesive Do you Use?

Unfortunately, I don't have a card to post for you today.
However, I received a question the other day regarding the type of adhesive I use in my cardmaking and I thought I'd create a post to answer that in case any of you have been wondering the same thing.



I use the 3M ATG 714. You can see the link to the gun dispenser here, and the tape refills I use here. I use the adhesive tape that is 1/4" wide. The initial price for the "gun" and the refills quickly pay for itself compared to all of the other adhesives I used to buy. When I buy the refills for this I buy them in packs of 12 so I get the discounted price( $2.40 per roll, each roll has 36 yards of adhesive). You figure with shipping, approx. $3.00 for 36yds on 1 roll compared to $3.00 for 1 yard on a roll that you would buy in the store. As you can calculate for yourself, the savings are tremendous!


For cardmaking I use the regular adhesive, but when scrapbooking I make sure to buy the acid free, which is slightly more expensive, but still very economical since each roll has 36 yards!
This picture here shows the difference in the 2 rolls--both are the same size/adhesive amount, but the yellow (Gold) roll is the acid Free and the red is the regular adhesive.






I would say the only negative thing about this adhesive dispenser is it's bulkiness. You can see here how big it actually is--about 10 inches! So, it can be a little cumbersome to travel with--when going to crops etc, but, I just pack it in with the rest of my stuff. I never crop without it! I justify it by looking at the adhesive rolls and think about how much adhesive really comes on them. To dispense that much adhesive you need a big dispenser to accommodate it!




I love this thing & will never use anything else, as long as I can keep buying refills for it. It can be a little tricky when changing the tape rolls, but it gets easier every time--plus there are videos on You Tube to help.



Thanks for inquiring about the type of adhesive I use. Please let me know if you have any other questions regarding my work etc. I'd love to hear from you & I welcome your questions!

Hope you all have a wonderful day!

Smiles,
Jennifer

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

OOO...me too!! I LOVE my gun!! It's so awesome and worth the $$!! :) And this stuff sticks to ANYTHING!! lol!

MaryNSC said...

I LOVE MINE too!! I was scared to order cause i have arthiritus cause it looked heavy but it is PERFECT!!

Traci G said...

I love mine three!!!!!!!

Sue from Oregon said...

I know I will love mine soon. FYI...if any one you know bought one the first few months of 2008, they may have rec'd a defective 714 tape gun. Have them call 3M(the # is on the box). I sent mine back and 3M is replacing it at no charge!

Bee's Zen Garden said...

Thanks for posting this. I have been considering buying one since my experiments with glue aren't that wonderful... but have been put off by the price tag. Apparently everyone agrees that it is a smart investment! :-)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin