Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Monday, November 24, 2008

DRS Designs Challenge #9, Postage Frames!

Today on the DRS Designs DT Blog we've just begun Challenge #9! It is to use the DRS postage frame/envelope art stamps as focal points on our projects. These stamps are great for the front of your envelopes of course, but why limit yourself to only using them on your envelopes, when you can make them the main part of your project? So, go ahead, pull out your postage frames and give it a try! Be sure to let us know if you participate by posting a link on the DRS Designs Challenge post so we can visit you. If you post to an online gallery, be sure to use the keyword DRSC9 so we can find it!

For this challenge, I created this Monochromatic Butterfly Thank you Card.





I have to admit, this was pretty quick and easy to make, however, I already had the idea in my head before I sat down to create it. All of the butterflies colored with pencils and blended with Gamsol. I used marker to color in their bodies and a white gel pen on the butterfly wings in the postage frame. I sponged the light purple on the Ribbon Slide Butterfly. I used my Score Pal to create the scored off center and used purple ink to stamp the flower image around it.


I know this card would be perfect for my Friend, Theresa. She loves purple and butterflies! Now, she just has to give me a reason to Thank her! :-)




Stamps: DRS Designs- Butterfly Postage Frame, Butterfly Ribbon Slide, Small Thank you,
Ink: Momento Tuxedo Black, Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ink in Wisteria
Paper: Smooth white cardstock by Office Depot, Colored Cardstock by The Paper Company
Accessories: Prisma Pencils, Gamsol, Bic Markers, Ribbon by May Arts, Corner Rounder by EK Success, White Gelly Roll Pen, Score-Pal
Finished Card Size: 5.5" x 4.25"



Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to decorate any envelopes, but I do have them stamped. I hope to get to color them this week and show them to you soon! Be sure to check inspiration from the other DRS DT designers below. We've all completed this challenge using a variety of the postage frames available. I enjoyed looking at all of the projects myself!



Angel Rivera Cathy Indelicato (Team Coordinator)
Dawn Knight
Etha Schuette
Heather Lee-Reppen
Janette Olen
Jessica George
Jessica Knutsen
Vicki Parson



I appreciate your visit today, and would love to hear from you!

Stay tuned for more fun projects throughout the week. I created 8 new ones to show you! (Yes, I made great use out of the time I was home alone this weekend. Sometimes I really like it when he goes out of town. Shhh, Don't tell him I said that!)

Have a great day!

Smiles,
Jennifer

3 comments:

Kimmy said...

I love it, but this doesn't look like a Jen card to me. I think because it isn't fallish?? I know I have been on a fall kick lately. I reallly like the purples (my favorite color). Hmmmm maybe we should have a monochromatic challenge???

Anonymous said...

WOWZER!! This is sooo gorgeous!! I absolutely LOVE the colors!! :) You did a wonderful job with this challenge!! TFS!! ;) Hope your holiday is the best!!

Heather said...

Your card is fabulous! I wish I had that stamp! You really rocked this challenge! Great job1

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin