Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Saturday, November 29, 2008

May I Have Your Attention?

So, did you all have an enjoyable Thanksgiving? Ours was busy, busy, busy! Read on...


First, Thanksgiving Day started at Noon with my Dad's side. There were 5 of us: My Dad, my Sister, my almost 93 year old Great-Aunt, and my DH and I. My Great-Aunt wanted to go out to dinner since she doesn't get out much. I can't blame her! Well, it was more like a big lunch for her and ended up being breakfast for my DH and I. Since I work afternoon's and my DH works midnights, Noon usually ends up being our breakfast hour! Then, afterward we went back to my Great-Aunts house and watched football and had Apple Pie--one of our Thanksgiving favorites!



Round 2 was at my Aunt's house to celebrate with my Mom's family at about 3:30pm. There were about 40 of us there! Yes, really, and literally! My Grandparents had 7 children and now all of them are married and have children of their own. I'm the second oldest of 16 Grandchildren, and there are 2 Great Children as well, plus some of the In-Laws attend too. See, Big Family! DH and I ate "lunch" here and dug into the desserts. We also took a big plate of leftovers home too!



7pm started round 3 at my DH's Aunts house to celebrate with his Mom's Family. There was a smaller group there, about 8. We talked and enjoyed each other's company over some cocktails and just had munchies. Nothing to fancy, but it was a good time!



Then, finally around 10:45pm, DH and I arrived home and shared the plate of leftovers from my Aunts. DH soon fell asleep on the couch after & I dragged him to bed about 12:15am--What a day! (But it wasn't over yet!)



Yesterday/Friday, our Thanksgiving Festivities continued...Round 4 at my DH's Dad's house with his family. Dinner at 5pm with 9 people. The food was excellent, and we always know to bring our plastic containers if we want to take home the leftovers. We ended up having so many containers that we needed a box to carry it out to the car! But, I don't mind at all...We shouldn't have to cook at all this weekend with all the leftovers we have, which is good, because DH and I are both working all weekend.



Let me just say with Thanksgiving finally over, I'll sleep good tonight! It was busy and exhausting, but so good and lots of fun too!
Was your Thanksgiving as busy as mine?



Now, onto today's card...It's not me asking for your attention, it's this cute singing frog from DRS Designs!



I was already in the process of making this card, when I got an idea about what a cute birthday/Party announcement this image and sentiment would make. Perhaps I'll make one later this week if time allows...



I colored the singing Frog with pencils and blended the colors with Gamsol. I used sponge daubers to shade the light and dark blue ink around him, and cut him out and layered him using my Nesties.



I stamped the sentiment in Olive Green ink on yellow cardstock and then matted it as shown. I created the cardstock front with dark green cardstock and created the base from blue cardstock.
The Finished Card Size measures 5.5" x 4.25."




Stamps: DRS Designs- Singing Frog, Ladies and Gentlemen
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ink in Olive Pastel, French Blue and SU! Ballet Blue
Paper: Smooth white cardstock by Office Depot, Colored Cardstock by The Paper Company
Accessories: Prismacolor Pencils, Gamsol, Nesties, Brads by Joann's Scrap Essentials, EK Success Decorative Corner Punch.

Stay tuned for tomorrow's Fun Filled Friday Challenge announcement.
Thanks for visiting today!

Smiles,
Jennifer

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is just adorable Jen!! :) This froggie makes me laugh whenever I see it!! Glad you're able to take a break from your busy Holiday weekend!! Take care!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin