Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Monday, November 3, 2008

A Little Holly Here and There!

One of my favorite Holiday images to create with is Holly. After seeing all the Holly related Christmas images from DRS Designs I knew exactly what I wanted to do with them!


For this card, I created my own Holly designer paper by stamping the Holiday Holly/Endless Evergreens Card Edger border stamp repeatedly on white cardstock. (I cut the stamp in 2, so to create my dp, I was only stamping with the Holiday Holly side of the stamp.) I colored the holly with Prismacolor Pencils and blended the colors with Gamsol. I shaded the background around the holly with light blue chalk.




I created the focal image by stamping the Holly Wreath on white cardstock and coloring it with Prismacolor Pencils and blending it with Gamsol as well. After I colored it, I carefully cut it out. I cut a blue cardstock circle with my Nesties, and stamped the Happy Holidays sentiment in the center with red ink. Next, I cut a scallop circle from Red cardstock with my Nesties, and arranged the pieces as you see here. To give it some added dimension, I used foam tape to adhere the wreath to the blue cardstock.


I created the card base from a dark green piece of cardstock. I really wanted to use a large section of my handmade dp, so I made this a large card--5.5" x 8" to be exact! Hey, you can buy cards this large from Hallmark for a million dollars, right? LOL!

I added my dp to the top and bottom portion of the cardstock base, and covered the seams with red Grosgrain ribbon. I made a bow from the same ribbon and added it to the bottom right side as shown. Next, I added the matted wreath piece to the center, between the dp sections. What's a Christmas card without glitter, huh? So, to bling it up a bit I added red Stickles to all of the holly berries in my handmade dp and to the holly berries in the wreath. Doing this really gave it the perfect amount of sparkle! Unfortunately, the sparkle is a little hard to see in my pictures.

Stamps: DRS Designs- Holiday Holly/Endless Evergreens Card Edger, Holly Wreath, Tiny Happy Holidays
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ink in Warm Red.
Paper: Smooth white cardstock by Office Depot, Colored Cardstock by Bazzill and The Paper Company
Accessories: Prismacolor Pencils, Gamsol, Red Grosgrain Ribbon by Bobbie M. Designs, Nesties, 3D-Dots, Chalk by Inkadinkado, Red Stickles

So, are you sick of seeing Christmas cards yet? To be honest, I'm getting a little Christmased-out myself! LOL! But, I have a few more this week to show you, but I'm going to try to mix them up with some other themes this week as well. Stay tuned to see them, and watch for November's first Card Sketch Challenge this Wednesday too!
Hope you all have a Great Monday!


Smiles,
Jennifer

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Such a pretty design. Lovely card.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin