Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Year, New Stamps!



Happy New Year!




I'm Back! Happy New Year everyone! Are you at ease like I am, now that the Holidays are over? It feels like the world has been lifted off my shoulders, and I am so excited to play with all of my new goodies & get back to stamping! Did Santa bring you any crafting goodies? I got several border punches (that I'm sure you'll see be put to use very soon) and Gift Cards a plenty to Joann's & Archiver's--I'm waiting for that "special item" before I spend any of it!



Well, just in time for you to spend the money you received in your stocking, DRS Designs has released some new stamps! There are lots of fun border stamps and even some cute Winter ones. Know of a baby on the way? There's a few baby themed stamps too, for you to use to create that special arrival card. You can see them all here.




I know I just bragged about how excited I am that the holidays are over, but one of my resolutions is to try to "stay ahead of the game" for 2009. With that in mind, I'd like next years holiday season to be a little less stressful for me. So, why not get started on next years Christmas cards now? I know there are a few swaps over on the Stamp Shack where you make 5 holiday cards a month. I just might have to join!


Here's one I created using the new Winter Snowman stamp by DRS Designs.




Well, as I sit here and think about it, I might not be so eager to make them all right now. However, now that I have this layout & idea completed, I technically already have my Holiday cards started. I'm going to put this example in with my Christmas card box so I see it Thanksgiving weekend when we bring up all the holiday stuff from the basement. All I'll have to do is get supplies and time to work on them. For me, coming up with the idea and layout is the hardest part so see, I am already ahead of the game! (This is why I love sketch challenges so much-it makes card making so much easier for me, and I do like the challenge of making it work!)



This card was created with a sketch challenge in mind from Splitcoast Stampers (SC38). I embossed the Snowman Silhouette image in red embossing powder and heat set it. I have to admit that adding the scarf ribbon to his neck was not my idea, but I love it! (I received a Holiday card with this image from the staff at DRS Designs and had to case the idea when I used this stamp.) I love how this snowman is accessorized with his scarf & buttons! The white snowflakes were also heat embossed and the red ones were made with ink.




Stamps: DRS Designs- Snowman Sillhoute, Snowflake Backgound stamp, Happy Holiday Greeting
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ink in Lipstick Red, Embossing Ink by Rubber Stampede
Paper: Smooth white cardstock by Office Depot, Colored Cardstock by The Paper Company, and Bazzill
Accessories: Red and White Embossing Powder by Creative Beginnings, Heat Gun, Black Satin Ribbon by Offray & Black Grosgrain Ribbon by Bobbie M. Designs, Brads by Joann's Scrap Essentials, Glitter Glue, Nesties
Finished Card Size: 5" x 6"



Thanks for vising today.


I hope you'll visit again soon, I've got some fun stuff to share with you over the next week!


Happy New Year!



Smiles,
Jennifer

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So very pretty!! Love your red snowman and all the details!! What a cute layout!! TFS! :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin