Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Already Getting Ready for Next Year!

Can you stand it? Another Holiday card--Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! LOL!


I should join Kimmy and Kathy, from the Stamp Shack, in their 5 Christmas cards a month challenge, since this is my second one for January. I bet I could fulfill it if I made approx. one card a week.


I created this card using this beautiful snowflake image from DRS Designs. This stamp was just released last week. You can see all of their new designs here.


On this card, the snowflake image is completely flat, but you could also score and fold this image along the center of each of the snowflake "petals" to add dimension to your project! You can see what I mean in this project that Cathy created.


I also used last week's Splitcoast Sketch Challenge (SC210) to guide my layout for this project.



If you are a regular reader of my blog then you know I have a hard time creating Holiday cards without using a little sparkle. This card follows suit with a little glitter glue on the background snowflakes as well as the smaller dots in the large snowflake image.






Stamps: DRS Designs- 3D Snowflake, Snowflake Easy Background
Ink: SU! Ballet Blue, SU! Brocade Blue, Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ink in Lipstick Red
Paper: Smooth white cardstock by Office Depot, Colored Cardstock by The Paper Company and Bazzill
Accessories: Ribbon by Bobbie M. Designs, Glitter Glue, Brad by Recollections, EK Success Decorative Corner Punch, White Gelly Roll Pen, SU Photo Corner Punch, Nesties
Finished Card Size: 6" x 6"



Sorry for throwing another Holiday card at cha, but I hope you don't mind! :-)
Stay tuned for tomorrow. I've completed another challenge--Check! I can't wait to show you!
Have a great day!

Smiles,
Jennifer


PS: Don't forget DRS Designs has 2 Blog Candy Opportunities for you this week...


1. Check out the Card Positioning Systems Blog for this weeks sketch challenge. You have until this Saturday at Noon to post your card on this CPS post.


2. Creating any project using any type of ribbon slide image and posting a link on this DRS Designs Blog Post will get you entered to win several Ribbon Slides by DRS Designs. You'll get an added bonus if you create your project with a DRS Designs Ribbon Slide. The winner will be selected on Sunday January 25th.


Good Luck!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin