Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Friday, January 2, 2009

Sparkling Birthday!

Happy New Year!




For starters, I want to wish you all a very Healthy and Prosperous 2009!


I'm starting 2009 with a Sparkling Birthday card I made using a new sentiment stamp from DRS Designs. Coincidentally, this fits this week's Ways To Use It Challenge (WT199) on Splitcoast--to use Silver!

This sentiment is perfect for the last DRS Designs Blog Challenge-Bling! There's still time to give that challenge a try if you haven't yet, and while your at it, head on over to the DRS Designs Website and order yourself a basket full of their New Stamps!





I used a blue and silver color combo with this card as I wanted to resemble the sparkle in the sentiment. To enhance this effect, I also used Silver Stickles on the stars and enhanced my focal point by cutting out the middle star in the Double Swirl Star image to use as an embellishment. Silver paper, silver brads, shiny ribbon, a decorative border punch, and the Interlocking star Background also add to this design!




Stamps: DRS Designs- Interlocking Star Background, Double Swirl Star, Birthday Accessories Sentiment
Ink: Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ink in Blue Iris and French Blue
Paper: Smooth white cardstock by Office Depot, Colored Cardstock by The Paper Company, Textured Silver Paper-unknown.
Accessories: Martha Stewart Stars Edge Punch, Brads by Joann's Scrap Essentials, Sheer White Chiffon Ribbon by C&G, Decorative Ribbon by Bobbie M. Designs, 3D-Dots, Silver Stickles
Finished Card Size: 5.75" x 6.25"





Hope you all have a Wonderful Weekend!

Happy Stamping!


Smiles,
Jennifer



PS: The next DRS Designs Blog Challenge will start on January 12th. Stay tuned throughout the next couple weeks as the DT will feature projects created with the New Release!

4 comments:

Ethel Amutan said...

You've interpreted the challenge beautifully! The silver must really shine IRL! Terrific card, Jennifer!

Anonymous said...

What a really shimmery and pretty creation!! Great use of the sentiment!! TFS! :)

Anonymous said...

i really like this card...great job! bell

Thanh Vo said...

Happy New Year Jennifer! Glad to hear youre getting back into the swing of things.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin