Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Sketch Wednesday's Just a Note!


Welcome to the first Card Sketch Wednesday Challenge of the New Year!


I used this sketch to create my own border with one of the new border stamps from DRS Designs. These new border images fit perfectly with the Marvy Uchida Giga and Mega punches. You can see all of the new images just released by DRS Designs here. Run over & check them out, they're great!




If you get a chance to play with this sketch, please leave me a comment with a link on this post, so I can check it out. I'd love to see what you've made.






Stamps: DRS Designs- Giga Knot Square, Arch Recognition Stamp, Flourish Wording Frame, Just a Note
Ink: SU! Rose Red, Colorbox Pigment Brush Pad in Green
Paper: Smooth white cardstock by Office Depot, Colored Cardstock by The Paper Company,
Accessories: Maya Road Ribbon, Brads by Joann's Scrap Essentials, Cuttlebug & Divine Swirls Embossing Folder
Finished Card Size: 4.25" x 5.5"


This release also included some new "Hand Stamped by" and "Hand Made by" stamps for the back of your projects. As you can see I use the "Hand Stamped By" image on the back of this card and signed my name. These are like having your own Hallmark logo on the back of your cards! I know I will be using these a lot!




Resolution Recap-Day 2

Well, I've decided that I need to change my resolution up a bit. Hitting the gym every morning is a little harsh--especially since this routine is fairly new to me & since I was so sore getting out of bed yesterday! I'm sad to say that I never made it to the gym yesterday, but my new plan is to go to the gym every Mon, Wed, Friday. This way, I can still make it to the gym & make time for my cards & DT requirements, blogging etc. and still be able to sleep in a bit on the off gym days. Trying to schedule time for all of this is tough! Sometimes I wish there were more than 24 hours in a day, or that I could be one of those people who can get by with less than 8 hours of sleep. I find getting 10 hours makes my body happy!


I'm happy to report that I stayed within my calorie goal by tracking the foods I ate yesterday on Sparkpeople. (If you check it out and sign up--it's free--use me as a reference-Fief14) I measured all my portions out, from my coffee and cream with breakfast, salad dressing at lunch, and to the hearty soup I ate for dinner. It was a little cumbersome, but I did do it & was surprised to see how much salad dressing you actually get in 2 tablespoons! If anything at all, tracking what I eat & tracking the amount of exercise I get at Sparkpeople is definitely keeping me interested.


Well, it is Wednesday, so I'm off to the gym. Stay tuned for another project tomorrow & a recap of my resolution Day 3.
Thanks for visiting today!


Smiles,
Jennifer

3 comments:

Dawn said...

Jennifer! This card is stunning!!! I love what you did with the square stamp and how it works for the sketch! AWESOME!!!

Etha said...

this is wonderful! what a great sketch, such creative use of the stamps, super :)

Anonymous said...

This is just amazing girl!! What gorgeous details!! You've done an awesome job with the sketch!! :) TFS!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin