Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Saturday, January 3, 2009

Get Well Bouquet

Well, I am finally getting back into the swing of things. I've been card making & blogging for the last few days & it feels good to do it. I find it so relaxing. I'm also happy to report that I'm getting caught up on a few things that had to be put aside for the Holidays, like my Fun Filled Friday Get Well Challenge Card. It's been about 2 weeks since Kimmy and I announced that challenge!

So, without further adieu...





I colored this image with pencil and blended the colors with Gamsol. I sponged yellow ink around the image and then added Shimmerz to the flower petals and the ribbon on the jar. This card also uses one of my new border punches! Yes, Santa was very good to me this year--especially since I was told that he would not be feeding my card making/crafting habit. HA! I guess it does pay to be a good girl! :-)





Of course I used my Cuttlebug on this one too. I realized I have so many embossing folders that I hardly use so it was time to put them to work. Then, with a few punches of a decorative corner punch and some ribbon for a pop of color, this card was complete!

Stamps: Sentiment by Rubber Stampede, Image by Art Gone Wild
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ink in Yellow Ochre
Paper: Smooth white cardstock by Office Depot, Colored Cardstock by The Paper Company, Bazzill
Accessories: Prismacolor Pencils, Gamsol, Cuttlebug and Textile Texture Embossing Folder, American Crafts Ribbon, Beezwax Shimmerz, EK Success decorative corner punch,
Finished Card Size: 4.25" x 5.75"




So, do you have any fun Winter plans for this weekend? DH and I are going up North to Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan for a little Snowmobile trip. It's my understanding that there is about 2 feet of snow there. It should make for a great sled ride! I'll make sure to take some pictures to share with you next week as well.

If you get a chance, I'd love to see any Get Well cards you have made. Leave me a comment with a link and I'll run right over!

Next week's Fun Filled Friday Challenge Announcement will post tomorrow, so stay tuned for that. It's definitely a challenge for me!

Hope your having a great weekend!

Until next time...


Smiles,
Jennifer

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very pretty. At this time of year it's so nice to see a bright card.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin