Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Valentine Love with Faux Designer Paper!

Well, I'm at it again--I spent last night creating my own designer paper using the new heart silhouette stamp by DRS Designs. I stamped the image using light & dark pink ink on a 8.5" x 11" piece of white cardstock. Perfect for Valentine's Day & I'll get a lot of use from this one sheet! I guarantee you'll be seeing more projects made with it!




Here's my first Valentine's Day card of the year featuring my hand made designer paper.




I colored the Ribbon Heart image with markers.



The "love" tag was created by using my Nesties to cut out the writing on the silhouette heart image. I was shocked at how perfect it came out! I thought for sure I'd have to touch a part of it up with ink--but nope, I just cut it out, matted it with a small black scallop oval, added a brad, and my tag was all set!



Stamps: DRS Designs- Silhouette Love Heart, Ribbon Heart
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, SU! Rose Red, Regal Rose
Paper: Smooth white cardstock by Office Depot, Colored Cardstock by The Paper Company, DCWV, and American Crafts.
Accessories: Bic markers, Nesties, brads by Joann's Scrap Essentials, Ribbon by Bobbie M. Designs, Cuttlebug and Heart Blocks Embossing Folder, SU! Ticket Corner Punch
Finished Card Size: 4.25" x 5.5"




I think this card is pretty simple in it's design and layout except for what I've described already. But of course, if you have any questions regarding this card or any others that I've made, please feel free to ask!


Thanks for visiting today. I appreciate you stopping by!


Make sure to come back tomorrow, my Card Sketch Wednesdays have returned!


Have a wonderful day!



Smiles,
Jennifer


PS: Resolution Update:
Still going to the gym 3 days a week! (Such an achievement for me!) Now I'm beginning to have issues with food. I'm losing the self control in the food department that I had during the first 2 weeks- A little backwards, I know. I think it's because we went out to eat twice over the weekend. I have no idea how to calculate what I eat in a restaurant! Plus, I need to find some lower calorie snacks to stretch my calories more throughout the day. Oh, and how the heck are you supposed to drink 8 cups (64 ounces) of water a day? I just don't ever get that thirsty. I think in order to accomplish it, I'd have to literally take a sip of water every 5 minutes throughout the day. Ugh! I've been averaging 3 cups of water a day, and I don't drink anything else besides water, except my morning coffee. It's really tough for me! Sometimes I can eat a full meal without even drinking anything. Ok, that's it for now. I'll update you again in a few days. Thanks for listening/reading! :-)

5 comments:

Kimmy said...

love the card and good for you on your resolution. I am odd I actually drink 2-3 liters of water a day. I actually crave water. But my clinic says anything caffine free and calorie free also counts as water. Maybe that will help you

Dawn said...

Jennifer... Your blog is wonderful! This paper is just gorgeous! I love your cards... you are VERY talented my dear... i am proud to know you!

Anonymous said...

Fab paper you created. Fab card you created with the paper you created :)

Anonymous said...

What darling creations!! :) I love to make my own design paper with stamps too!! TFS!

Traci G said...

Love your Valentine paper! Your card turned out super cute too!! Wish I could help you with the food issues---but I have my own issues with that!!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin