Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Friday, January 9, 2009

Itty Bitty!


This week's Fun Filled Friday Challenge was to create a 3" x 3" card. I thought this would truly be a challenge for me since I tend to make cards that are larger than the regular A2 size cards (4.25" x 5.5.") However, DRS Designs just came out with some new stamps and they have a few that are perfect for a such an itty bitty card! DRS Designs came to my rescue for this challenge & I found it rather easy overall! You can see all of the new DRS Designs stamps here.


To create this Butterfly 3"x 3" card, I simply heat embossed the butterfly, used my Nesties to mat it, tucked in a small piece of ribbon to create a loop, used my Treading Water border punch to decorate the right edge of my card, and layered pink cardstock behind the front of the card, and then got carried away a little bit with my distressing. Easy Peasy, but cute! I love the colors.

Sunday we will announce next weeks Fun Filled Friday theme, so make sure to come back to see what it is. If you created a 3" x 3" card for this challenge, please post a link here in my comments so I can check it out. You can see Kimmy's Challenge card here.



Stamps: DRS Designs- Silhouette Believe Butterfly
Ink: Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ink in creamy Brown
Paper: Smooth white cardstock by Office Depot, Colored Cardstock by The Paper Company,
Accessories: Nesties, Fiskars Treading Water Border Punch, Ribbon by Maya Road, Rubber Stampede Embossing Ink, Embossing Powder by Creative Beginnings, Heat Gun,
Finished Card Size: 3" x 3"


So, how is the first week of New Year Resolutions going?


I'm happy to say that I've made it to the gym twice this week, both on Monday & Wednesday, and I plan to go again today. I've been doing a jog/walk on the tread mill for 45 minutes with a 5 minute cool down. This averages about 3 miles and I burn about 300 calories. I'm really happy that I'm actually sticking to it--I know it's only been a few days, but this is major progress for me. The SparkPeople website is really keeping me focused. My DH is impressed that I'm refusing to eat foods that I can't track on their Nutrition counter. All week long I've also stayed within my calorie intake goal. So far, things are going really well.


I hope your resolutions are going well too.


Have a great weekend & I'll visit again with you on Sunday.


Thanks for stopping by today.



Smiles,
Jennifer

2 comments:

Jessica G. said...

I love the heat embossing! That's the perfect technique for these type of images; why didn't I think of it?? You can bet I'll CASE the idea, though -- TFS!

Anonymous said...

So pretty!! Love that color of embossing you've used!! What a fun itty bitty creation!! :) TFS!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin