Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Monday, January 26, 2009

Handmade By Me!

The next challenge posted on the DRS Designs Blog today is to use any of the DRS recognition stamps on your projects. DRS already had a ton and just released three more so there are plenty to choose from. Of course the intended use of these images is for the back of your cards/projects, but what about thinking outside the box, and using them in other ways?? The DT has put their thinking caps on to find ways to use these images in other ways so you can get more bang for your buck!!!


We would love for you to play along in our challenges. You do not need DRS images to play but if you have them, why not use them! If you play along, be sure to post a direct link to your project on the DRS Designs Challenge Post, so we can check it out. We want you to inspire us! Also, if you upload to a public gallery, please use the keyword - DRSC13.

I decided to create a tag with the "Handmade By" image to decorate this cute little treat bag. I wanted this tag to indicate that, not only did I hand make the bag, but also the handmade chocolates inside! (Yum!)



I used the tutorial for the 2,5,7,10 bag on Spilitcoast Stampers to create this. I originally thought I would fill it with handmade cookies, but then after making it, I was shocked at how small it was! The actual size of this bag is only 3" x 5" x 2". I guess I should have known this from the beginning since it requires only 1- 8.5" x 11" sheet of cardstock! Not sure what I was thinking! DUH!



Before assembling the bag, I used the stamp "A Treat For You" to decorate the cardstock with blue ink. Sorry those images aren't seen very well--as luck would have it, I randomly stamped them and of course the 2 that could be seen fairly well are covered with my bow! :-(







Stamps: DRS Designs- Oval Handmade Recognition Stamp, A Treat For You Sentiment
Ink: SU! Ballet Blue
Paper: Colored Cardstock by The Paper Company and Bazzill. White cardstock by office Depot and Bazzill
Accessories: Ribbon by American Crafts, eyelets by Joann's Scrap Essentials, Nesties, Pearls by Hero Arts


Make sure to stop over at the other DT members blogs and see how they used their Recognition Stamps:

Angel Rivera

Cathy Indelicato (Team Coordinator)

Dawn Knight

Etha Schuette

Heather Lee-Reppen

Janette Olen

Jessica George

Jessica Knutsen

Vicki Parson


DRS Designs and myself would like to wish several of the DRS designers good luck as they move on to other projects at the end of this month. Their hard work and awesome contributions during their design term was greatly appreciated! Expect to see their names again and again crossing paths in the stamping/paper crafting world! Best wishes for a successful future to Angel, Etha, Janette, and Jessica K. Stop by their blogs above & tell them how much you'll miss their work. I know I will!

I hope you have a fabulous week!

Thanks for visiting today!


Smiles,
Jennifer

2 comments:

Jessica G. said...

The treat holder is the perfect use for this 'handmade by' image! Such a cute gift bag, too; I really need to try one of those. BTW, I love your blog photo and background!!

Anonymous said...

What a fabulous idea!! I love your container!! :) TFS!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin