Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Ladybug Thanks and Resolution Day 1

A few of the cool things I really like about DRS Designs is that their images are fun to color & create with, and they have neat background stamps that you can use to make your own designer paper.


This ladybug card features both of these aspects.





I colored the ladybugs with pencils and added black Stickles to their spots. I tried to be creative with the new decorative border shaped stamps and used the Mega Dot Square Stamp to create the border around my sentiment. I colored the larger dots with a black marker & then added Stickles to them as well.


As you can see I used the Interlocking Circle background with red & black ink to create the designer paper column. I'm so happy with the way this coordinates so well with this card.


I accessorized this card using my black & white Gel pens to create dotted borders around the ladybug image, and on the scallop around my sentiment. I also added a black bow to the bottom of the vertical column and then a few black brads, and Viola! This card turned out too cute!

Stamps: DRS Designs- Lady Bug Stack, Small Thank You, Interlocking Circle Background, Mega Dot Square
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ink in Lipstick Red
Paper: Smooth white cardstock by Office Depot, Colored Cardstock by American Crafts
Accessories: Prismacolor Pencils, Gamsol, Bic Markers, Nesties, Black Diamond Stickles, White and Black Gelly Roll Pens, Ribbon by Bobbie M. Designs, Black Brads by Joann's Scrap Essentials
Finished Card Size: 4.75" x 5.75"




So, how are you doing with your New Year's Resolutions? Mine are to go to the gym, Monday through Friday, and get ahead with my DT responsibilities & blogging. I got up early yesterday & ran/walked 3 miles at the gym before I went to work. I felt good knowing that I accomplished day 1. Then, after work I had big plans to work on some cards in my Studio, but from getting up early, I was just too pooped out to do anything. My brain could not think!


So, for all of you regular exercise people out there, how do you balance sleep, crafting, a regular job, a blog, and all the regular duties like housework etc? We don't even have children yet! I can only imagine what they will do to this mix when the time comes! I always hear that working out is supposed to give you more energy, and I feel it does just the opposite. (FYI, This opinion is not made just on yesterday's gym/workout accomplishment. I've noticed this with a majority of my other workout attempts as well.) Does it eventually get easier? DH thinks I need to take some diet pills or other energizing supplements to help me. I refuse to even consider those options!


I'd love to hear how you balance it all-- have any advice that could help me? I hate to think that I've set my goals to high, but I'm afraid that if I make them easier then I won't stick to them long enough to make them routine. I just joined Sparkpeople yesterday & I'm still learning my way around it, but I've heard many good things about it. I'm hoping that once I start to plug in my stats that it will keep me focused on the exercise portion of my resolutions. Are any of you Spark People members?


Well, I'm off to start Day 2--wish me luck!


Until we meet again tomorrow, have a great day!


Smiles,
Jennifer

2 comments:

THE COZY CABIN said...

Hi Jennifer. Love your card. I too have set some goals for myself, and the first is to make sure I write them down on my calendar so that I don't forget them like I did last year's resolutions. You can read about my goals on my blog. Good luck with yours! We gals must cheer each other on!

Manifestation said...

Dear Jennifer,that's so nice of you.Beautiful and cute tiny creature picture on your cards.I like the "Thank you" words on it besides the love you added in making such a beautiful card.Thank you.

Cheers!!

Gifts to Bangalore|Gifts to India|Gifts to chennai

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin