Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Monday, January 12, 2009

Winter Treat and Some Candy!

It's a new year and the DRS Designs DT has a new set of challenges!! We would love for you to play along. You don't have to use DRS images if you don't have them yet...we know you will soon and you can use them for later challenges!


Today the design team was presented with a challenge to use any of the DRS Designs ribbon slides as their focal image. If you would like to play along, just post a comment with a direct link to your creation on the DRS Designs Blog so we can come check it out! If you upload to a public gallery, please use the keyword DRSC12.




As an added incentive for you to play along, one lucky challenge participant will be eligible to win some ribbon slides for their very own! Anyone can participate as long as you use some kind of ribbon slide for your focal point. On Sunday, January 25, one random winner will be drawn from all the entries. The winner will win a selection of ribbon slides...BUT...if the winner also used DRS Designs stamps in their project, they will win an even bigger selection of slides! We really hope you play along. Be sure to use DRSC12 if you upload your creation to a public gallery. Remember, the only way to be entered in the drawing is to post a direct link to your creation on the DRS Designs Challenge Post.





For this challenge I created a Hot Cocoa Holder card.




I embossed the Snowflake Ribbon Slide and the new Mega Snowflake Circle in silver embossing powder. I matted both of these images using my nesties as shown to create the focal point of my project. I used a large rhinestone in the middle of the ribbon slide for a little sparkle!




I also heat embossed the sentiment, on both the front and the inside...




...and used watermark ink to stamp the snowflake background on the front & inside of the card.

Stamps: DRS Designs- Snowflake Ribbon Slide, Mega Snowflake Circle, Snowflake Easy Background, Treat For you Sentiment
Ink: Rubber Stampede Embossing Ink, Versamark Watermark Ink
Paper: Smooth white cardstock by Office Depot, Colored Cardstock by The Paper Company, Silver Paper unknown
Accessories: Creative Beginnings Silver Embossing Powder, Martha Stewart Star Border Punch, Ribbon by Offray Holiday Sentiments, Nesties, EK Success Corner Rounder, Darice Finishing Accent Rhinestones
Finished Card Size: 4" x 5.75"




Wouldn't this be a perfect reward for someone who just shoveled your driveway on a cold Winter day!




We just got about 8 inches of snow Saturday night. So, who wants come over my house to shovel?





I'll give you this special treat...Promise!




Pretty Please with a cherry on top?




Oh, please don't make me go out in the cold!




I guess I'll just have to reward myself with it.



:-)



Smiles,
Jennifer




PS: Don't forget to give this challenge a try to be elgible to win some of the great Ribbon Slide images from DRS Designs!

2 comments:

Angel said...

so pretty and such a great idea! hmmm, not a big fan of shoveling snow (i'm a southern girl!), so best of luck with that!!!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous treat holder!! I love making these!! Love your blues!! TFS! ;)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin