Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Friday, May 29, 2009

It's a Country Western Kind of Day!

Happy Friday!


With the American Holiday this past Monday & since I was off work yesterday, this week really flew by for me. Don't get me wrong, I have to work both Saturday & Sunday this weekend--I could only wish to have two 3 day weekends in a row! LOL!





My missing mojo temporally came back to me the other night as I tried to work on this weeks Fun Filled Friday Challenge--to use our brayers. I'm very happy with the way it turned out.


I heat embossed the Cowboy Silhouette image from DRS Designs with black embossing powder on white glossy cardstock and then masked off a 1" circle punch. I brayered the background in blues to create a night sky. Then I sponged in the moon area with yellow inks and sponged a little bit of the sky with yellow too, making it look like the moon was shining down on the cowboys.



I embellished this image with some square gold brads and some twine I had laying around in my ribbon box.



Stamps: DRS Designs-Cowboy Silhouette (M316)
Ink: Versamark, SU! Bashful Blue, Brillant Blue, Night of Navy, So Saffron, Summer Sun, More Mustard
Paper: Glossy white cardstock, Colored Cardstock by American Crafts
Accessories: Heat Gun, Creative Beginnings Black Embossing Powder, Post-Its, Nesties, twine unknown from my stash, square brads by Joann's Scrap Essentials, Sponge Daubers, Brayer
Finished Card Size: 4 3/8" x 5 5/8"




Have you brayered lately? If so, let me know by leaving me a link in the comments section of this post so I can see what you did. If not, why not get it out & ink it up!?!?!? I'll be waiting...


Thanks for stopping by today!

Smiles,
Jennifer

5 comments:

Jessica G. said...

Gorgeous background, perfect for these silhouettes!

Anonymous said...

I see that it has come back in full swing my dear!! This is beautiful!! So glad you've kept stamping!! :) Hope you enjoy your weekend!!

Kim Dellow said...

Fabulous image, lovely card. Kim

Ann said...

Fab card! I love the brayering!

Elise said...

Holy Moley and yai-yai-ya-yippety-ya-chi-yeah! That card ROCKS, little sweet heart! I'm SUCH a sucker for all things western and you just melted my little old heart! I LOVE THAT! {"MUST HAVE THOSE STAMPS...!"} The brayer technique just made this come to life: WONDERFUL! I sho' am glad I moseyed on by!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin