Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Slowly, But Surely, Popcorn is a Start!

I'm not going to get overly excited about today's post because I'm still struggling with my MIA crafting mojo. I was able to make today's card work, but it only took me my entire 3 day weekend to come up with this one card. I still have 4 unfinished cards in my craft room that I can't get to fall into place. It's so frustrating, and even more so that I have DT deadlines to meet soon & I'm not happy with how my work is progressing. I thought that by having 3 days off that I'd get so much done & get some blog posts typed up a head of time etc, but no such luck! I'm wondering if my best work is created under pressure--time/deadline pressure. Are any of you like that? Maybe it is because I had 3 days off that my mind, my body, and my mojo all wanted a break & relax.


Well, regardless of the reason, as my title states today's project is a start, so hopefully things are on the mend & my mojo is on it's way home!
Here's the one and only, I came up with this weekend, and I'm very happy with it! (Yeah!)


Both the image & the sentiment are by DRS Designs. I find this pair very clever, and cute! I colored the Popcorn Bag image with Prismacolor Pencils and blended the colors with Gamsol. It's a little difficult to see, but I added Yellow Stickles to the buttery popcorn on top, Yum! I didn't add it to the card until it was completely finished, but it's exactly what this card needed & gives it just the right kick!


I stamped the sentiment in black ink and colored in the word "popped" with a red marker.


Some black ribbon, yellow brads and the Martha Stewart Zig Zag border punch helped me finish this card.

Stamps: DRS Designs- Popped Up Birthday Greeting (H924), Popcorn Box (H920)
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black
Paper: Smooth white cardstock by Office Depot, Colored Cardstock by American Crafts
Accessories: Prismacolor Pencils, Gamsol, Bic Markers, Nesties, Ribbon by Offray, Brads by The Paper Studio, Yellow Stickles by Ranger, Martha Stewart Zig Zag Border Punch
Finished Card Size: 6.5" x 4.75"

Thanks for visiting today & sticking by me during my times of lost mojo! I know things will eventually turn around. I just hate waiting for it!
Hope you all had a wonderful weekend & that you're having a great Tuesday.

Smiles,
Jennifer

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jen!! I love this card!! Such a sweet popcorn design!! I love that MS border punch!! This is perfect for it!! I'm sorry to hear about your mojo! Just keep stamping my friend...it will pass on it's own!! Trust me!! Whatever you do...KEEP STAMPING!!! HUGS

Samantha said...

Great card, Jen. I would say your mojo is just lurking around the corner, 'cause it peeked it's head out for this card. Hang in there!

Traci G said...

This is a great card!! Don't feel alone because I was trying to make a card today with that cute graduation cap you showed me, and I just could NOT get it to turn out the way I wanted to save my life!!!! I'll be posting it soon anyways!

Heather said...

I think this is terrific! Your mojo is definitely here on this one!

Jessica G. said...

Fun card! The color combo is perfect -- it reminds me of an old-time movie theatre!!

Cathy Rulli said...

Great job on this!!! Looks like your mojo is returning!!

Dawn said...

This card is wonderful! I love what you did with the image and the coloring and the sentiment placement is perfect! great Job...

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin