Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Sunday, May 17, 2009

National Police Week 2009

On Wednesday my Husband and I left to go to Washington DC for a long weekend in honor of National Police Week. May 15th is National Police Memorial Day and this week recognizes the service and sacrifice of U.S. law enforcement. National Police Week pays special recognition to those law enforcement officers who have lost their lives in the line of duty for the safety and protection of others.


Thousands of Police Officers from around the U.S. gather together to take part in many of the events that take place during this week. One of the most popular is the Candle Light Vigil that was held Wednesday evening. This first picture is of my DH and the second picture is of Kimmy's Husband. I love the soft look of the candles in these pictures. It's really neat to see all of the officer's in their uniforms and to see all of the different styles of uniforms. They are all so unique!





This was my 5th year going with my Husband. He is a Police Officer and this week is especially important to him since one of his co workers was killed in the line of duty in 2002 and even more so now that his is in the Metro Detroit Pipes and Drums Band.



Also during this week, the wall at the National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial is decorated with flowers, wreaths, pictures of the Fallen Officers and name etchings. Here's some pictures of what the Memorial Wall looks like.






Jessica Nagle-Wilson was the officer my Husband worked with.
In case you are interested, you can find more information & more pics about this event here, at the National Law Enforcement Officers Memoral Fund website.


Well, it's always nice to be home after time away, and now it's back to stamping & card making for me. Stay tuned for another DRS Designs Blog challenge posted bright & early tomorrow morning.


Smiles,
Jennifer

1 comment:

Traci G said...

thanks for sharing your pics! I think it's so great that you go with your hubby to DC each year! It looks like a great event to attend.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin