Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

CPS 114 Cute As A Button, Take 2


A new week means a new sketch over at the CPS, Card Positioning Systems Blog. I created this cute card for this weeks sketch challenge & for my Girlfriends new baby boy. I'll be meeting him soon & I needed a card to go with my gifts. I thought this sketch was perfect for the occasion!






After making this other baby card last week, I once again used the new Dustin Pike image, Jenny Giraffe, by DRS Designs for this baby card along with their "Cute as a Button" sentiment too. Jenny was colored with Prismacolor Pencils and blended with Gamsol. I used this technique to cut her out & emboss the edges using my Nesties in one pass through my Cuttlebug. Before I took it out of the Nestie die, I sponged blue ink around the image, creating the frame look.



The rest of the card just follows the sketch, but I used the SU! Word Window Punch to accent the sentiment. I layered it on a yellow button & then set it inside a Prima flower. Then I actually sewed the yellow thread in the button holes & adhered them on both sides of the layered sentiment.

Stamps: DRS Designs- Dustin Pike's Jenny Giraffe, Cute as a Button Sentiment
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, SU! Bashful Blue & Ballet Blue
Paper: Smooth white cardstock by Office Depot, Colored Cardstock by The Paper Company, Bazzill
Accessories: Prismacolor Pencils, Gamsol, Nesties, Prima Flowers, Fancy Findings Buttons, SU! Word Window Punch, Ribbon by Making Memories, Spiral Clip by The Paper Studio
Finished Card Size: 5" x 6.25"


Well, after having a day off yesterday, it's back to work today for me. It's my Monday! Ugh!

Stay tuned for tomorrow to see another episode of my Sketch Challenge Wednesdays.

Hope you have a great day!


Smiles,
Jennifer

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jennifer, this is so adorable! I love your take on the sketch! Perfect saying paired with the image and the buttons! Adorable!

Anonymous said...

AWW!! This is so adorable!! You've turned that sweet giraffe into a cutie!! :)

Jessica G. said...

Isn't this giraffe perfect for baby cards?? And what a great sketch to go with it! Fun card, Jen. The sponging around the image really makes it pop -- one of those perfect small touches!

Kelley Eubanks said...

Really cute card! I like it!

Cathy Rulli said...

So cute! Love the clip!!

Beth said...

Absolutely adorable!

Elise said...

What a darling card! That giraffe is adorable: great coloring job, by the way! What fun!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin