Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

A Need For God's Promise

The DRS Designs DT was asked to use this poem as they've had a high demand for it and needed some card samples to send to stamp stores that ordered it. So, I put my thinking cap on and this is what I came up with...


I stamped the God's Promise poem in dark blue ink and then stamped the Rosary Heart on top of it in a light blue ink. I inked the edges around the image and matted it in dark blue & gold cardstock. I added gold brads and matted it on a light blue cardstock base. I wrapped the bottom of the card front with blue and gold ribbon & added a bow in the center.


When making a Sympathy card, I try to keep things simple. Adding too much, and a Sympathy card quickly loses it's meaning. Since I find that these types of cards are usually the hardest cards to make, I often run to shades of blue when I make them and I chose to do so with this one as well. I feel blue is a calming color and it is a perfect choice for a Sympathy card or whenever you are trying to portray a sincere and serene feel. Here, I also used gold as my accent color to create a feeling of elegance and understanding as is reflected in this poem. Using blue and gold ribbon helped to pull each of these aspects together.




Stamps: DRS Designs- God's Promise Sentiment (K445), Rosary Heart (M524)
Ink: SU! Brillant Blue, and Ballet Blue
Paper: Smooth white cardstock by Office Depot, Colored Cardstock by Bazzill and American Crafts
Accessories: Ribbon by Michael's Holiday bow-tique, Brads by Joann's Scrap Essentials,
Finished Card Size: 5" x 5"



Well, just a heads up that I won't be holding my usual Card Sketch Wednesday on my blog tomorrow. DH and I will be leaving to go out of town first thing in the morning and I'll have another kind post that I'm sure you will find quite interesting--I'll be taking many pictures throughout the day, so you can expect a later than usual post.
Stay tuned...



Smiles,
Jennifer





2 comments:

Jessica G. said...

Beautiful! The sentiment and image work so well together and the blue/gold color combo is very elegant and soothing.

Anonymous said...

Wow Jen!! I love the blues in this!! Gorgeous card!! And I just love your yummy ribbons you use!! :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin