Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Don't Sweat the Petty Things!


More from the jungle...


Here's the new Allie & Callie Monkey images from DRS Designs. It's one of Dustin Pike's Drawings. The sentiment is new too. Think monkeys can be sweaty??? Yuck! LOL! I created this card a few weeks ago on my stamping retreat. Lots of layering on this card, but I'm happy with the result.

I colored Allie & Callie with my Prismacolor Pencils and blended the colors with Gamsol. I used my Nesties to cut them out & layer them. The sentiment was stamped and inked with brown ink. You know I can't have a card without ribbon, so I added a little in the upper left corner by punching a small hole & tying the ribbon through it. Now that I'm looking at this card, I realized I didn't use any metal embellies on it. I guess you don't always have to use them, huh?

Stamps: DRS Designs- Allie & Callie Monkey, Don't Sweat the Petty Things Sentiment
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, SU! Close to Cocoa
Paper: Smooth white cardstock by Office Depot, Colored Cardstock by Bazzill & American Crafts
Accessories: Prismacolor Pencils, Gamsol, Nesties, Ribbon by The Paper Studio.
Finished Card Size: 5.5" x 5.5"


Hope you're enjoying all of the new images from DRS Designs. Did you order your share of their new animals? You can see them all here.

Well, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I get my Fun Filled Friday card finished on time to post on Friday. This weeks challenge is to make a window card. I have to admit, I'm running behind & with work & Gray's Anatomy on tonight I'm pressed for time. I'm going to try hard to get it done. Wish me luck!

Have a great Thursday!

Smiles,
Jennifer

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Super fun card! What cute monkeys! Good luck getting all your stuff done! I can't wait for GA tonight!

Cathy Rulli said...

very cute!!

Jessica G. said...

Too funny! I was trying to figure out what image to pair with this sentiment! Great textured paper, too.

Heather said...

This turned out super cute! I love the layout!

Susan (peebsmama) said...

These two are so cute together. Definitely an image on my wish list.

Anonymous said...

This is so sweet!! I adore this layout Jen!! :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin