Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Friday, May 1, 2009

Fun with Coasters!

It was Kimmy's turn to give this week's Fun Filled Friday Challenge theme & she picked Coasters! I was a little worried about this challenge since I've never worked with coasters before. Remember that Stamping Retreat, Shackapolooza, that I went on last weekend? Well, one of our Make N Take projects was this cute Coaster Post-It Note Holder...Can you say Shackapolooza to the rescue!?!?!?!

I lucked out with this project, so it wasn't much of a challenge at all--frankly, it's cheating! Our kit came with everything you see here. All I had to do was ink, color, and assemble!

I inked the edges of Bella with Colorbox Fluid chalk ink in French Blue. I colored her with Starlights Glitter Gel pens and then matted her on the brown cardstock provided. I assembled the scalloped circle layers together & then added a decorative flower rhinestone to match.

I covered each coaster with the 2 kinds of designer paper provided and used my Crop-a-dile to punch the holes for the binding.


What's great about this design is that when the Post-Its are all used up, it is easily refillable!

:-)


We'd love to have you participate in our Fun Filled Friday Challenges as well. Make sure to leave a link in the comment section of this post if you do. Stay tuned for next week's challenge theme to be announced on Sunday.

Hope you all have a great weekend!

Smiles,
Jennifer

2 comments:

Jessica G. said...

Cute and useful -- my favorite kinds of projects! Since you have the crop-a-dile, you might want to try out the coaster box tutorial on SCS; they are great for holding stamping supplies, including pencils!

Anonymous said...

This is just too cute Jen!! I love your fun coaster idea here!! I have so many of these things hanging around!! : )

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin