Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Monday, May 11, 2009

For the Love of a Rose!


This is going to be another busy week for me. My Husband & I are going out of town on Wednesday so I've been working hard in my craft room to be able to share some things with you while I'm gone.


Over the weekend one of the projects I finished was this card using last week's sketch challenge on Splitcoast-SC227. I love the way it turned out! This was one of those cards that didn't take me very long to create because everything sort of fell right into place. I love when that happens!




The rose, "love," and the background stamp are all images by DRS Designs. I colored the rose with marker and inked the edges with red ink. I layered it as shown & used my Fiskars Treading water punch to fit the scallops in the sketch.


Both the "Love" Heart Silhouette and the Silhouette Branch Background were stamped in SU! Handsome Hunter ink. I used my plain & scalloped Oval Nestabilities to isolate the "love" portion of the Silhouette Heart and added it to my layout as shown. I think it goes perfect with this red rose!


Stamps: DRS Designs- Brush Rose H752, Love Silhouette Heart D213, Silhouette Branch Background H363
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ink in Lipstick Red, SU! Handsome Hunter
Paper: Smooth white cardstock by Office Depot, Colored Cardstock by American Crafts
Accessories: Bic Markers, Fiskars Treading Water Border Punch, Ribbon by Bobbie M. Designs, plain & Scalloped Oval Nestabilities
Finished Card Size: 4 1/4" x 6 1/8"


I'm finding this sketch so easy to work with that I've used it in another card that you will see later this week. It made making this card fast, fun, & so enjoyable. No struggles or hardships at all with this one!

So, what did you do for Mom yesterday? We took my Mom out to Brunch yesterday and visited with my Husband's mom for dinner on Saturday night & yesterday afternoon. It made for a great weekend, cause the weather really cooperated. Last year it was cold, rainy & dreary!


Well, I'm off to pack for my trip.
until next time...

Smiles,
Jennifer

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is so gorgeous Jen!! I love that flower and your take on the sketch is wonderful!! I haven't used it yet! :)

Jessica G. said...

Pretty card and your rose is gorgeous! I had fun with this sketch, too -- it's definitely a keeper!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin