Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Saturday, May 2, 2009

Good Things Come to Those Who Bait!

Today's title couldn't be more appropriate...not only because it pertains to today's card, but also cause I made you wait half the day to see it! I've gotten a little behind this week and I had to work bright & early this morning, so now that I've had more coffee & have made it home, I'm catching up on blogging.


Whoo Hoo! It's release day over at DRS Designs! This card uses a few more of the images released TODAY. Make sure to run over there & take a peek at all of their new releases, especially the new Dustin Pike images as well.

This sentiment & image go together like 2 peas in a pod, don't they?!?!? I love the way this image turned out! I colored it with Prismacolor Pencils and blended the colors with Gamsol. Then I cut it out with an oval Nestie and inked blue around it before I took it out of the die. Then I pained the worm with Burgundy Shimmerz and the hook with Opal Shimmerz for a little sparkle and shine!



The background was created by cutting the light blue cardstock down to size and then stamping the sentiment near the bottom in brown ink. I used my new border punch to create the waves on the edge and then ran it through the Divine Swirls Cuttlebug Folder. I adhered it to dark blue cardstock and then added the copper brads and copper ribbon bow. The card front was adhered to a brown cardstock base.




Stamps: DRS Designs- Good Things Who Bait Sentiment, Worm on Hook
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ink in French Blue, SU! Close to Cocoa
Paper: Smooth white cardstock by Office Depot, Colored Cardstock by The Paper Company & American Crafts
Accessories: Prismacolor Pencils, Gamsol, Opal and Burgandy Shimmerz, Nesties, Cuttlebug and Cuttlebug Divine Swirls Embossing Folder, Fiskars Boundary Waters Border Punch, Brads by Joann's Scrap Essentials, Ribbon by Bobbie M. Designs.
Finished Card Size: 4.25" x 6"


Just a reminder that Sue, from the Staff at DRS Designs is looking for more "Tips and Tricks" to share from readers on the DRS Designs Blog. Please email her with your tip at submitdrs@yahoo.com for a chance to receive blog candy in the form of new unmounted stamps as an incentive!! We all have shortcuts and easy ways of doing things when stamping & card making, so why not share them & earn some new stamps!?!?!?
Hope your having a fabulous weekend!
Thanks for visiting today!

Smiles,
Jennifer

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a sweet card! I'm loving the little worm-it's a very clever way to get the message to someone :)

Happy NSD!

xoxo
Sara

Ann said...

Super cute image, and I love the sparkle!

Jessica G. said...

Perfect combination of elements -- I especially like how you used the swirl CB on blue paper for a water effect!

Traci G said...

tee hee!!! This is SO cute!!! I never thought I'd say this, but "what a cute little worm!"

Anonymous said...

Now this is just adorable!! I love the fun shimmer and the beautiful "waves" you've created with the texture and border!! So sweet and nicely put together hun!! :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin