Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Tassel Hassle!


Thanks to the loud clap of a thunderstorm this morning I was up very early & found the courage to get back into my stamp room. I've seemed to have lost my stamping mojo some time last week & have been struggling to complete 4 different projects. Today I attempted to finish up this week's CPS Challenge #117 that I started the other day, and I'm glad to report that it was a simple success!






I started by heat embossing the sentiment with white embossing powder. Then I cut it out & layered it using my Nesties. I stamped the Tassel image with green ink and then shaded it in with green chalk. I used a yellow glitter gel pen to color in the metal clip on the tassel. I assembled the card as displayed by the sketch, embellished it with some brads that matched the color scheme, and adhered the entire piece onto a green cardstock base.



Stamps: DRS Designs- Tassel Worth the Hassle Sentiment (E729), Tassel Image (D007)
Ink: Versamark, SU! Handsome Hunter
Paper: Smooth white cardstock by Office Depot, Colored Cardstock by American Crafts
Accessories: Creative Beginnings White Embossing Powder, Heat Gun, Chalk by Inkadinkado, Star Lights Yellow Glitter Gel Pen, Nesties, Black Brads by Joann's Scrap Essentials and White Brads by American Crafts, EK Success Corner Rounder
Finished Card Size: 4.5" x 5.25"



Well, with my lurking mojo, I can't promise that I'll have another project to share with you for tomorrow, but stay tuned for my Fun Filled Friday Challenge card posted on time this week. It's another partially started project, but I'm going to give it my all! With that being said, I just remembered I still have to finish last week's challenge as well (to create a card & decorate the inside too). Note to self, put that on the to-do list for when my mojo returns full time!

I hope your skies are much sunnier then we have today.

Thanks for visiting!

Smiles,
Jennifer

6 comments:

Beth said...

Perfect! Love the sentiment! I'll have to remember it for future grad cards!

Kimmy said...

If your mojo sticks around will you ask if it's seen mine?? I bet they were hanging out together. I could really use mine to cheer me up. Hope your flow keeps going:)

Anonymous said...

Oh now this is very cool!! I love the colors first of all and you did an awesome job with the sketch!! Love your clever design hun...keep going!! ;)

Cathy Rulli said...

Fun card - cool sketch!

Samantha said...

Great job, Jennifer. Welcome back!!

Ann said...

What a fun sentiment! Love this card!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin