Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Monday, May 4, 2009

These are a Few of My Favorite Things!

It's time for Challenge #20 in the DRS Designs blog challenge series. This week the DT is challenged to create a project/card using their favorite technique. We hope this inspires you to pull out your stamps and get stamping! We would love for you to play along and share your favorite technique with us...you just might introduce us to something we've never tried before! If you play along, please post a direct link to your project in the comment section of the DRS Designs Challenge #20 post. If you upload to a public gallery, please use the keyword DRSC20. If you play along, you'll enter yourself into a drawing for some blog candy! Drawing will take place Sunday night, May 17, 2009. **You do not need DRS images to play, but if you have them, by all means use them!


**DRS Designs and the DRS DT Thanks everyone who played along with us in our past color challenge!!! We loved seeing your creations!****

So, you want to know my favorite technique...I'd have to say it is the Gamsol Magic technique. I love coloring with my Prismacolor Pencils and blending those colors with Gamsol. If you're a regular reader on my blog, then you already know this--I color my images this way all the time!






So, here's the card I have for this challenge today, but not only does this card display my favorite technique, but it is also full of a few of my favorite things!





The DRS Designs image on this card is "Lion Love" drawn by Dustin Pike. I (of course!) colored it with Prismacolor Pencils and blended the colors with Gamsol. The layout for this card also uses the CPS 113 sketch from last week. Another one of my favorites--card sketch challenges!


I'm also a big fan of ribbon. I love ribbon & have tons of it, which is why you see it on practically every project I make! The yellow rick rack I used on this card is by Making Memories and the brown ribbon, just tied in a knot & adhered with glue dots is by Ribbon & Bows Oh My!



Metal embellishments is another aspect of paper crafting that I love and I'm a sucker for all kinds of brads and clips in all different colors and sizes when I'm in a store. I just stocked up on a ton of metal embellies last week at Hobby Lobby's 50% off Scrapbooking sale!




My Cuttlebug and Embossing Folders is another one of my favorite tools! I love the embossed look of cardstock when it's pressed in the CB! Love how it cuts cardstock with my Nestabilities too! I also love Bling! This card uses Bazzill Bling cardstock and Shimmerz as well. This photo angle really shows the shine--it's really difficult to capture!


Stamps: DRS Designs- Dustine Pike's Lion Love
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ink in Yellow Ochre
Paper: Smooth white cardstock by Office Depot, Colored Cardstock is Metallic Bazzill and Bazzill Bling
Accessories: Prismacolor Pencils, Gamsol, Cuttlebug and Cuttlebug Divine Swirls Embossing Folder, Brads by Joann's Scrap Essentials, Yellow Rick Rack Ribbon by Making Memories, Chocolate Ribbon by Ribbons & Bows Oh My , Beeswax Shimmerz, EK Success Corner Rounder
Finished Card Size: 7" x 5"


So, what's your favorite technique? Why don't you get out your stamps & get those fingers inky and show us! I'm looking forward to seeing your projects!


Hope you all have a wonderful Monday!


Smiles,
Jennifer

5 comments:

dawnmercedes said...

I love all the textures!

Anonymous said...

This is so adorable Jen!! I really love your shimmery images and coloring!! Such fabby details and technqiues!! :)

Jessica G. said...

Gamsol magic, ribbon, and HL sales are all on my favorite list, too! Such a sweet card and beautifully colored, Jen!

Deb said...

This is precious! You and I share alot of the same favs!

Ann said...

Oh, my gosh, talk about cute! Love this card!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin