Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Friday, May 8, 2009

Birthday Window Card!

Yesterday was a busy day for me. I had a nice leisure morning with breakfast & coffee while I checked on my email & all of the daily blogs I read. Then it was go, go, go nonstop all day long--I went grocery shopping, cleaned the kitchen, researched & put together a beef stew recipe in the crock pot, worked 8 hours at my real job, watched Gray's Anatomy, and finished my Fun Filled Friday Window Card Challenge in time to be able to write up this post today! Whew! So, now you know why today's post is later then normal! LOL!

I tried really hard to stay away from the computer and keep my mind focused on everything on my to-do list. I'm amazed at what can be done when I set these little challenges for myself! I love my computer to death but it's so addicting & such a waste of time--However, I am intrigued by the plethora of info on the internet. I'm always clickin' around on something and of course the addiction is enhanced by my papercrafting and stamping hobby as I'm always looking at other peoples work. Recently my time at home has been spent more on the computer then ever as they are now limiting our internet access at work. So, in between patients, I've been trying to come up with layouts and ideas for many of the weekly sketch challenges that I often do. Soon I'm going to need a new sketch book! But, once I get a nice chunk of time in my craft room I'll be able to share them all with you soon!

So, on to today's FFF card. I challenged Kimmy this week to make a window card. Here's the Birthday card I came up with for this challenge.



Not exactly how I thought this card would look when it was finished, but I'm happy with the color scheme.


I used my Nesties Labels One Dies to cut out the window from 3 layers. That was a little tricky to get everything to line up, but it worked out well in the end.

I colored the flowers with my glitter gel pens. This card has a ton of sparkle & shine to it!


The inside is on the plain side--I wish I had a bit more time to decorate the inside a bit. I might still stamp the flower image you see on the front, once or twice on the inside & use my glitter pens to spice things up a bit. I'll post a picture if I get a chance to do it.

Stamps: DRS Designs- Daisy Flower Corner (F696), Birthday Wishes Come True Sentiment (E508)
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, SU! Rose Red
Paper: Smooth white cardstock by Office Depot, Colored Cardstock by American Crafts
Accessories: Starlights Glitter Gel Pens, Nestabilities Labels One Die Set, EK Success Decorative Corner Punch, Brads by Buttons Galore & More, Ribbon unknown from my stash
Finished Card Size: 4 5/8" x 5 7/8"


Some of you may have noticed that Kimmy hasn't posted her Fun Filled Friday Challenge cards in a while. She's had some computer issues and has recently hurt her back so bad that it is extremely painful for her to sit. Her Dr. took her off work for a while and she's waiting to have an MRI done. The most comfortable position for her right now is just laying down--she's trying to figure out how to stamp in that position! So, if you could just stop by her blog & send her a get well message & some prayers hopefully she be back on her feet soon. You can find Kimmy's blog here.

So, any big plans for this weekend? Doing anything special for Mom on Sunday? I'm hoping to get a lot done in my craft room over the next few days. I'm a bit behind & have some DT projects in my head that I need to get put together on paper. Hopefully Sunday won't be too hectic for us as holidays always are--DH & I have 3 Mother's to celebrate with, but one of then is out of town and we're taking the other 2 to brunch at a nearby banquet hall. I'm looking forward to a good meal!

Whatever your plans are this weekend, I hope you have a great one!

Thanks for visiting today!

Smiles,
Jennifer

3 comments:

Jessica G. said...

What a great spin on the window card! This Nesties label window gives it such an elegant look, but the color combo still makes it fun and vibrant!!

Elise said...

What a great card, Jennifer! You are a VERY prolific card-maker! Your work and your blog and simply wonderful! I'm glad I found you (originally from CPS) and thank you for visiting my blog! Happy Stamping!

Anonymous said...

So beautiful hun!! Love those pretty shimmery flowers!! :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin