Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

First Communion Sketch

First of all, today is May 6th also known as Nurses Day. I want to start today by saying "Thank You" and "Happy Nurses Day" to all of you Nurses out there. It truly takes a Saint to be a Nurse and to put up with all you do, yet, still be the patient, kind, and loving people that you are. I work in the Medical field and from seeing all that Nurses do first hand, I know that I could never do it! The work of a Nurse is never done, it is always appreciated and never goes unnoticed! Hope you have a Wonderful Nurses Day!
(If you know a Nurse or have a favorite one, make sure you call him or her today!)



Today is also Card Sketch Wednesday here on my blog. Here's today's sketch.


For this challenge, I created this Boy's Communion card.



The Praying Boy Silhouette image was just released this past Saturday by DRS Designs. I embossed it in black embossing powder and then cut it out using my Nesties Labels One set. I added 5 black eyelets to the right side and black ribbon tied in a knot. I matted it as shown and stamped the sentiment, also by DRS Designs, directly on the cardstock base.


Stamps: DRS Designs- Praying Boy Silhouette, Your on My Mind Sentiment
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black
Paper: Smooth white cardstock by Office Depot, Colored Cardstock by The Paper Company, American Crafts
Accessories: Nesties labels One, Creative Beginnings Embossing Powder, Ribbon by Bobbie M. Designs, Eyelets by Joann's Scrap Essentials.
Finished Card Size: 4.5" x 5.25"



I made a pretty simple card with this sketch. Now, lets see what you can do with it! Make sure to leave me a link in the comment section if you do. I'd love to see your version!

Thanks for visiting today & for all of your wonderful comments. I love reading them!

until next time...

Smiles,
Jennifer

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW!! This is just beautiful Jen!! Lovely work with the sketch too!! :)

Jessica G. said...

I agree -- nurses are some of the best folks out there!

Beautiful card -- I really like how you used the Nesties label in the sketch and this is one of my all-time favorite color combos!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin