Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Saturday, May 9, 2009

White Dove Sympathy


I'm so glad it's Saturday! DH & I are hanging out at home all day today except to go to dinner later with his family. As soon as I'm done with this post, I'm going to hide in my craft room & finish up some layouts that I've started. I just love lazy weekends!

Today I wanted to share with you a Sympathy card I made a while ago, but never really got a chance to post about it until now. I love the color scheme and layout, but I think the sheer white ribbon I used makes it look more like wedding card than a Sympathy card. I suppose I could make it a wedding card just by changing the sentiment. What do you think?


This was pretty easy to make, since there's not a lot of coloring to this image. I just outlined the Dove image with a gray Copic marker & used a Bic marker to color the leaves. I matted both the sentiment & the image first in light green cardstock & then again with gray cardstock and added a bit of sheer white ribbon to both pieces. Then I just assembled the card as shown on the cardstock base, adding some green brads to dress up the white cardstock a bit.

Stamps: DRS Designs- Brush Dove with Branch, Many Hearts One Sorrow Sentiment
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black
Paper: Smooth white cardstock by Office Depot, Colored Cardstock by The Paper Company & American Crafts
Accessories: Copic Marker Cool Gray C1, Bic Markers, Brads by making Memories, Chiffon White Ribbon by C & G, SU! Horizontal Slot Punch
Finished Card Size: 6.5" x 5.25"

Stay tuned for tomorrow for the next Fun Filled Friday challenge announcement & another card using one of DRS Designs new images.

Thanks for visiting today, and Happy Mother's Day to all of you Moms out there!

Hope you have a great weekend!

Smiles,
Jennifer

2 comments:

Jessica G. said...

Beautiful card! It would definitely work for a wedding card with a new sentiment, but it's a delicate sympathy card, too. It you wanted to change it just a bit, you might add colored ribbon, but I really like it the way it is!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous and elegant!! I just love the colors too!! Simply soft, clean and gorgeous!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin